• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girls-N-Guns

sitedzn

imported post

Took the wife and a couple of friends to the range yesterday. Fun fun day, just extremely hot. I took 3 pistols and 3 rifles for all to try - M&P40, Bersa 380, Taurus PT1911, Remington 22 rifle, Japanese Type 38 Carbine (Jap 6.5), and Remington 700 in .308. What was the most fun for me was to watch the range of emotions for Shannon, the one who'd never even handled a gun before. Her picks were the 380 and the 22 rifle. But she did try every single one (hated the .45!) She even shot my Rem 700 - my 1000yd gun.

Girls-N-Guns001.jpg

my wife w/ M&P

Girls-N-Guns002.jpg

my wife w/ Jap 6.5

Girls-N-Guns003.jpg

Shannon w/ 6.5

Girls-N-Guns004.jpg

Shannon w/ Rem 700

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Very nice, sitedzn. Looks like it was a great outing.

I wonder what would happen if some MMMers were taken on a range outing...

I bet there would be a few adventurous ones that would try it. Maybe not.

sitedzn

imported post

That's Black Creek out in Hanover. I'll be there again on Saturday for the IDPA match. Haven't been in 2 months - I'm dying to get back out.

Hey Lee, keep an eye out in the mail for something from the club. There is a Club Championship Match for the memebers in October sometime. I was told to watch the mail in September for more info. 5 stages - pistol (25yd), rimfire 50yd, centerfire 100yd bench, centerfire 100yd off-hand (same gun as bench), and trap shooting. Should be an absolute BLAST! Another reason I got the wife out so she could shoot every gun she'd need to compete (they have a separate honor for High Female). I can't wait!

sitedzn

imported post

openryan wrote:
Did you educate them on the difference between your rifle and your gun? :p
Well, I have 2 kids, so I'd hope my wife knows the difference by now.:lol:

sitedzn

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
black creek shooting whatever...yeah I was looking into joining them. I do know you have to be a member of the NRA... How far is it from chesterfield:dude:

I live near 288 and 360 - takes me about 35-40 minutes early Saturday mornings to drive out there. From Chester, probably sub 30 minutes (quicker access to 895).

And yep, gotta be an NRA member. Hey, just go to the gun show and join NRA there - you get into the show for free!

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
openryan wrote:
Did you educate them on the difference between your rifle and your gun? :p
Well, I have 2 kids, so I'd hope my wife knows the difference by now.:lol:
Haha :lol:

But nonetheless, glad to see you all had a good time!