Thread: Laser Sights On OC

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Probably too late to ask the question since I have crimson trace laser grips on my carry piece . Are there any restrictions in VA on them? If you know about Tennessee ring out, driving there next week.

Post imported post

Not that I recall in Virginia...

Just do not light up a LEO or your in trouble... :P

Post imported post

Just don't turn it on and paint people heh. LaserMax guide-rod for me so nobody would even know I had a laser unless it was pointed at them... > )
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    Just don't turn it on and paint people heh. LaserMax guide-rod for me so nobody would even know I had a laser unless it was pointed at them... > )
    I have one in my personal Sig... I love it! Keep it in the bedroom in case of a night time intruder.

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    I've always hated looking down and seeing that little red dot on my chest :shock:. I don't think that an actual gunshot would be much "louder" a statement than that pesky little red dot. Anticipation of what could be coming next is always worse

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yes, having a red dot on your chest is a HUGE deterent if you have not already drawn.

LEO, I like your new likeness, but by the looks, you should lay off the alcohol.:shock:

Post imported post

dichamw wrote:
    Probably too late to ask the question since I have crimson trace laser grips on my carry piece . Are there any restrictions in VA on them? If you know about Tennessee ring out, driving there next week.
    One reason Iasked the question, I heard they are illegal in California for guns.

Post imported post

dichamw wrote:
    dichamw wrote:
    One reason Iasked the question, I heard they are illegal in California for guns.
    Most everything gun related in Cali is illegal!!!!

It would not surprise me it all.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    dichamw wrote:
    dichamw wrote:

I wish my small could host a laser max guide rod, rather than the grip sight, But I have it sighted in pretty good. I think I could be dead on with a guide rod type.

Post imported post

dichamw wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    dichamw wrote:
    dichamw wrote:

I wish my small could host a laser max guide rod, rather than the grip sight, But I have it sighted in pretty good. I think I could be dead on with a guide rod type.
    correction small colt 1911 defender

Post imported post

I checked the sights against the rod guide laser.... seem like it is dead on with no adjusting.

I need one for my Glock 26 now... that red dot can really stop people. Just the thought that all he needs to do is pull the trigger.....

$279.95

http://www.lasermax.com/product.php?id=5

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    I checked the sights against the rod guide laser.... seem like it is dead on with no adjusting.

I need one for my Glock 26 now... that red dot can really stop people. Just the thought that all he needs to do is pull the trigger.....

$279.95

Does the guide rod effect your recoil and cartridge ejection....jams?

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    that red dot can really stop people. Just the thought that all he needs to do is pull the trigger.....
    Unless you're a trigger jerk.

Post imported post

dichamw wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

$279.95

Not that I am aware of.... Maybe someone else who has fired a bunch can advise.

Post imported post

dichamw wrote:
    Wrote in the other thread on 'em, I've used cheapo (noname, Fiocchi, WWB, Wolf, Blazer Brass & Alum, etc.) ammo all the way up to Federal +P HST, and never had any spring-related problems. I love my LaserMax.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I have the unit on one of my 229's - no, you can't tell the difference when shooting. If anything, it's more solid than the OEM guide rod (which is why my other 229 has an aftermarket stainless solid guide rod).

Post imported post

Nice.... I will be picking one up soon.. Money crunch at the moment.

Post imported post

$20K for MP5 = money crunch!!

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    $20K for MP5 = money crunch!!
    Now you know why!!

Actually... I had to transfer all my personal savings to my business. I got hit with $7000 in property tax, $4000 in 2006 CAMS, and business has been so slow in July that I need another $1000 to pay the rent!!

Car tax due in October and I have no money!!! So now I need to build up my savings again!!!