• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

That Time of Season

dichamw

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA
imported post

Here in the apartment complex that I lived in for many years in the Mount Vernon area. It is a nice complex and well maintained. Every once in a whilea thug or gang banger from Washington DC or Prince George County Maryland take a vacation to stay with a relative living here , because maybe he is on an " another gang drive byhit list" or LEO after them. Well during their stay, until LEO here arrest them or heat is off and theygo back. While they are here theycreate their ruckus here. Here is an excerpt from the Mount Vernon Voice dated 1 Aug 2007 what just happen in my complex. Quote

Shooting Reported in Mount Vernon Area

Shots were fired following an altercation at an apartment complex last week, Fairfax County police reported. A 27-year-old Alexandria-area man returned home at about 10 p.m. on Wednesday, July 25. He found five to seven teenage boys in the entrance way to his building in the 2700 block of Arlington Drive. The teenagers were allegedly smoking. He asked the boys to leave. Shortly after midnight the victim heard a knock at the window and front door. The victim opened the front door and saw a teenager. Another male wearing a blue ban­dana appeared with a gun in his hand. The victim closed the door and several shots were fired into the door. There were no injuries.

One suspect was described as black, approximately 5 feet 7 inch­es tall and about 140 pounds with short hair. He was wearing a dart blue, over-sized T-shirt and jeans Another was described as black approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall about 160 pounds, also with shorl hair. He was wearing a long-sleeve black shirt and jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411 -TIPS(8477) or Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.— FCPD reports. Unquote

This 27 year old is an idiot in the first place to open his door at 12 O'clock. I now walk around here OCing, so they think I'm looking for the "OK CORRAL" and maybe they will leave me alone. This incident highlights that folks need their protection. NowI guess I will look for a round that willgo through my front door and get some defensive shooting positions inthe house to shoot it out with these thugs if need be. Also get me more Mags. What do think?

CaptainCharles

imported post

I think this post will come back to bite you in the arse if you do have to clear leather.....

Some crafty Johnny Cochran type can say (while holding up a copy of this),,,,"He wanted to have a shoot out with my client,,,,,,,he was preparing for it..."...

Preparation and scenarios are important....But not neccessarily anouncing intentions on a pub forum......

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Do the doors the peep holes? If so, you could tell this was trouble without opening the door itself...

dichamw

imported post

CaptainCharles wrote:
I think this post will come back to bite you in the arse if you do have to clear leather.....

Some crafty Johnny Cochran type can say (while holding up a copy of this),,,,"He wanted to have a shoot out with my client,,,,,,,he was preparing for it..."...

Preparation and scenarios are important....But not neccessarily anouncing intentions on a pub forum......
I understand your point tobe more discreet, but I don't plan to intentionally shoot it out, with anybody. I will avoid them at all cost. They intentionally look for trouble.Although he talked to them first in his hallway,yes he could said nothing, but his mere presence of walking bythem was all that needed. These gang banger don't really give a shit about anything. That what you have to understand.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What ever you do, never shoot through the door. You WILL hang for that. If the guy is on the other side of a closed door, he does not meet the criteria for deadly force, even if he is shooting through the door at you.

Regards

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

A teenaged Charleston, SC friend was accosted at her family's apartment door. Her father complained to the police. One bit of advice was to drag the corpse across the threshold to preclude further questions.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
A teenaged Charleston, SC friend was accosted at her family's apartment door. Her father complained to the police. One bit of advice was to drag the corpse across the threshold to preclude further questions.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
I have a tendency to believe that this bit of advice is about the worst thing you could do. Remember that any shooting will be treated as a crime scene and tampering with it, I am sure, will have heavy penalties. It will not be hard for investigators to tell that the body was movedand of course this will open a whole new line of questioning and actions not in your favor.

Tomahawk

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

Right, because the streaks of blood across the threshold won't raise any flags for the investigators.

dichamw

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Right, because the streaks of blood across the threshold won't raise any flags for the investigators.
Maybe that why they shot through the door, knowing that you can't do anything but take theincoming, call 911 or invite them inside for a fair chance. These gang banger know what they are doing.

PackininVB

imported post

What if the door didnt shut all the way, or the thug put his hand to open it and then started shooting. If hes outside but shooting in an open door then could you IAW the law return fire?

What about a window? Why could anyone shoot into your apartment and you not be able to return fire? Bullets are bullets whether the guy shootin them can see you or not.

AbNo

imported post

If I were to hear a knock on the door (and wasn't expecting someone), I would simply rack the slide on my XD (or my 1911 in a few weeks), and say "Who is it?"

I figure that should take care of it.

Oh, and a point of advice for those of you that like to pretend you are not home if it's someone you don't know (or someone you do...), put something over the peephole.

A small kitchen magnet works wonders for this if you have steel doors.

nickerj1

imported post

Anyone watch the episode of Burn Notice where he takes care of the local drug dealer?

The main character, an ex-federal agent, runs off some druggies near his house. The drug dealer stops by the next day and roughs him up. They get away with it because he already had a bruised rib and was hurting pretty bad.

Anyways, he goes to remove the drug dealer from the area. He walks up and notices the guy has a bullet proof door. So he knocks, pulls out his gun, takes three steps to the left and shoots through the drywall at an angle to hit behind the door and in the leg area. The drug dealer starts crying when he gets hit. The main character then walks around the side of the apartment and knocks around a bit to find a larger area without a cross-section board. He then runs through the wall.

He circles around behind the drug dealer, slaps him, gives him a bandage, tells him to go to suck it up, go to the hospitol, and leave forever.

It was pretty funny. :lol:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If the BG is behind a closed door, he can't see you, you can't see him, and there is a barrier between you. The application of deadly force in not legal unless the person you are trying to fend off can actually carry out a threat of bodily harm. Until that door opens, that condition is not met. Unaimed bullets coming through a closed door do not qualify at that level of threat either, as you could just lay down. You do not even have to retreat to avoid the threat.

Windows are a different matter. They neither constitute a visual, or serious physical barrier, and therefore the threat is direct and Eminent. You could very well return fire through a window. Besides, most windows will effectively be open after the BG shoots the first shot.

Moving the body after the fact IS tampering with a crime scene. That will be the first charge placed against you. It gets MUCH worse from there, because people start asking a lot of questions as to why you felt the need to move the body. There are no good answers to that question.

Regards

AbNo

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Moving the body after the fact IS tampering with a crime scene. That will be the first charge placed against you. It gets MUCH worse from there, because people start asking a lot of questions as to why you felt the need to move the body. There are no good answers to that question.

Well, I for one would want to secure my home, in case there were more of their idiot friends waiting outside, and I can't very well close the door with a leaky corpse on my threshhold.

Two, if he's down but not dead, he could still have a grip on a weapon.