• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henrico Police soliciting feedback right now!

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

On the Henrico Police web-site, at the address found below, Col. Stanley is soliciting feedback about Henrico citizens expectations and experiences with Henrico Police. I just completed the survey and included some kind words for the department as well as concern that the Henrico police departmentcontinues to beviewed as unfriendly to law-abiding firearm owners due to several incidents over the past two years (I also noted that both Col. Stanley and the internal affairs department handled my case in an exemplary fashion, siding with me over the officer in the end). I also asked that the department spend more time on Virginia firearm laws while training officers.

If you live in Henrico, PLEASE provide feedback to the department (please keep it constructive and respectful or you will be ignored and will harm "our cause").

I'd love to hear from anyone who does complete this survey.

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/police/

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Not a big deal, but the following paragraph from the Henrico Co Police web-site has been bothering me for awhile:

"How do I obtain a concealed weapon permit? Application forms may be obtained from the Circuit Court Clerk's Office in the Courts Building at the County Government complex at 7721 East Parham Road. After an investigation, the Chief of Police issues the permit. The applicant files the application and pays a $50 fee in the Clerk's Office. The Police Department will conduct a background investigation and fingerprint the applicant.The process for renewal is the same. Call (804)501-4202 for more information."

The process for renewal is NOT "the same". You can't be fingerprinted on a renewal.

Not trying to hijack my own thread; I will follow-up on this in writing to the department tomorrow.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
Not a big deal, but the following paragraph from the Henrico Co Police web-site has been bothering me for awhile:

"How do I obtain a concealed weapon permit? Application forms may be obtained from the Circuit Court Clerk's Office in the Courts Building at the County Government complex at 7721 East Parham Road. After an investigation, the Chief of Police issues the permit. The applicant files the application and pays a $50 fee in the Clerk's Office. The Police Department will conduct a background investigation and fingerprint the applicant. The process for renewal is the same. Call (804)501-4202 for more information."

The process for renewal is NOT "the same". You can't be fingerprinted on a renewal.

Not trying to hijack my own thread; I will follow-up on this in writing to the department tomorrow.

If you do, you might want him to explain why the law says that the court issues the permit, and he thinks he does.

Regards

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I found another error in the answer. So there are THREEerrorsin the answer on the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Henrico Co. PD web-site.

1.) The renewal process is not the same as the initial process; you can't be finger-printed upon renewal

2.) The Chief of Police does not issue the permit, the Circuit Court does

3.) Virginia issues Concealed Handgun Permits, not Concealed Weapons Permits.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I sent a letter this morning to Col Stanley (Henrico Chief of Police) and copied VCDL and The Honorable Gary A Hicks (Chief Judge of the Circuit Court) asking the Henrico PD to correct the 3 errors on their web-site. Hard to believe they could make three factual errors in such a short answer!

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

The surveyis still there.... it is stillat the link I posted, at the top of the page. Just click on "Citizen Satisfaction Survey: How Are We Doing?" and it will take you directly to the survey. Based on my limited previous interaction with Col. Stanleey (and Philip Van Cleaves report of his interaction with him) I have high hopes that my letter will result in the incorrect answers being changed.