Thread: Idaho Carry

Post imported post

Since packing.org has been down for a few days, I can't really find a detailed idea of Idaho's laws. I am just curious as to where carry is prohibited, concealed or open carry, in Idaho. Is there any special clauses I should be aware of? I have a Washington ccw so I am not worried about that, just want to cover all my bases.

State Researcher

Post imported post

http://www.state.id.us/laws_rules/firearm.html

Basically, you can't carry in a Jail, a Courthouse or a School. No difference between OC and CC as far as where you can carry. Can carry where they serve and sell alcohol but cannot carry while under the influence, which I understand to be the same as driving.

Of course Federal buildings are the usuall No No and I think state parks are off-limits, but the Parks Department won't respond to my email.

The wife and I spent the day OC'ing while shopping in Coeur D'Alene today. No one said a word.

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

Thanks, guys! I was kinda hesitant carrying last time cause I like to follow the law, especially when it comes to silly things like firearms. Now that I know what I can do, I appericate it.

Post imported post

I actually haven't been able to find anything prohibiting Open Carry into a courthouse or jail... 18-3302C only deals with Concealed Carry, not Open Carry. Still researching that though, so if anyone can clear it up for me, I wouldn't complain.