• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newark, NJ Execution-style Murders

unrequited

imported post

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_217130505.html

Early Sunday Shooting In Newark Leaves 3 Dead

(CBS) NEWARK There is a massive manhunt in Newark, N.J. for the cold-blooded killers who executed three people. The victims, who include two Delaware State University students were lined up against a wall and shot behind the Mt. Vernon School early Sunday.

Police say the four friends were just listening to music outside Mt. Vernon School when they were apparently chosen by the killer or killers at random. They were shot in the head execution style.

“We were told each were lined up,” said Beverly Reid, the great aunt of two of the victims. “Oh its unbearable just the thought.”

Reid is related to two of the victims but knows all four. Ofemi Hightower, Deshawn Harvey and Terrance Aeriel were shot and killed execution style. Shot and injured is Terrance's sister: 19-year-old Natasha Aeriel.

Their great aunt calls them TJ and Tasha, and says all four kids were bright, friendly and did not go looking for trouble.

“They were in school, in college they were doing really well,” Reid said. “They were fulfilling their dreams and just starting their lives.”

Terrance and Natahsa Aeriel's mother met with CBS 2, but was too overwhelmed by her grief to make a statement on camera. The family's focus is on Natasha, who survived the bullet entering her ear and lodging in her sinuses.

“It hurts I've seen many tragedies this is the worst I've seen in my 54 years as a preacher and a pastor,” said Newark Police Chaplain John McClain, and uncle of Ofemi Hightower.

“She had no enemies. She was a sweetheart,” added Hightower's brother Jamar Hightower. “She got along with everybody.”

Natasha Ariel is biology major at Delaware State University. She must go on without her brother who was also there as a freshman. Harvey and Natasha Aeriel played in the University's marching band together.

Hightower was Natasha Aeriel's best friend, and planned to enroll at Delaware State University. She stayed in Newark and worked at a nursing home. Family members say they heard the four friends went to a party. Exactly how they wound up at the school and in a confrontation is unclear.

The chorus of community outrage getting louder and more intense. Fix this is the family's cry.

“The only thing I can think of is mandatory curfew, because nothing else works,” said Reid.

Politicians and law enforcement officials admit they don't have any answers that will satisfy the many devastated families who want more action.

Geez, I'm so glad I got out of Newark when I graduated last year. They had our school on lockdown when the highschool across the street had a shooting after a basketball game, and then again one morning when a small girl was stabbed at the cornerstore everybody on fraternity row uses, by a crackhead with a pair of scissors.

That place is scary.

hogleg

imported post

I would like to see some data that shows cities,counties,states, the crime rate and compare the rating that the Brady bunch andNRA would give them based on the laws that are supposed to protect them.

Of course this would not be any surprise I suspect.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

New Jersey receives an F- from All Law Abiding Americans Who Want to Defend Themselves and Remain Safe.

Sarah Brady says "Give the criminal what he wants and don't resist". I guess she's proud the vicitms took her advice.

Wench.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
New Jersey receives an F- from All Law Abiding Americans Who Want to Defend Themselves and Remain Safe.

Sarah Brady says "Give the criminal what he wants and don't resist". I guess she's proud the vicitms took her advice.

Wench.

What if what they want is your life, Sarah Brady is a moron, I would't reccommend this woman to clean up a pile of dog $hit.

Politicians and law enforcement officials admit they don't have any answers that will satisfy the many devastated families who want more action.

Well this is what gets me, they all want answer, you cannot depend upon the police or anyone else for answer or for protect, they do try, and I give them credit for that, but it is blasphemous to believe that the police are responsible to solve all of your qualms.

Point is, these young men should have had a way to defend themselves, whether it be mace, taser, preferably a firearm.

SIGguy229

imported post

unrequited wrote:
The chorus of community outrage getting louder and more intense. Fix this is the family's cry.

“The only thing I can think of is mandatory curfew, because nothing else works,” said Reid.

Hmm....how would a curfew prevent someone hellbent on breaking the law (i.e. murder)?? oH yeah....it won't--but the gov't "must do something"

How would the gov't prevent this from happening? They can't--take personal responsibility and be situationally aware (foreign concepts in NJ)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Didn't the BG read the Memeo that Guns are not allowed on or about Schools in Jersey ???

See how the Criminals abide by the Law and it works out so well ???:shock:

AbNo

imported post

hogleg wrote:
I would like to see some data that shows cities,counties, states, the crime rate and compare the rating that the Brady bunch and NRA would give them based on the laws that are supposed to protect them.

Of course this would not be any surprise I suspect. 

:uhoh:

Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something....

I'm about to clean an SKS, as well as possibly take a trip to Williamsburg tomorrow until Friday.

But essentially, I've been crossreferencing DisasterCenter.com and the Brady Bunch's website, if you want to do your own quick look-ups.

I'm mostly working on it using OpenOffice.org, but I'll make sure it is MS Excel compliant when it is done.

Someone send a PM my way tomorrow afternoon to kick my butt in gear. :p

Edit: Also, I'm only doing this on a state level. If someone could compile a list of the NRA's state ratings for 2005, I'll include that, as well. (I didn't know the NRA rated states...)