Thread: Gunmen Attempt to Rob Off-Duty D.C Police Officer

Post imported post

An off-duty D.C police officer, dressed in uniform was the victim of an attempted robbery at gunpoint early Monday morning in Landover, MD.Prince George's County police say it happened around 5:40 a.m.on the 800 block of Finch Street in Landover.

The officer was on his way to work when he was approached by several gunman.

Police say the officer was shot at by the suspects, and returned gunfire.

The officer was not hurt.

Officialssay that it is unclear if any of the suspects were hit by the gunfire.

The Metropolitan Police Department and Prince Goerge's County police are investigating.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    An off-duty D.C police officer, dressed in uniform was the victim of an attempted robbery at gunpoint early Monday morning in Landover, MD.Prince George's County police say it happened around 5:40 a.m.on the 800 block of Finch Street in Landover.

The officer was on his way to work when he was approached by several gunman.

Police say the officer was shot at by the suspects, and returned gunfire.

The officer was not hurt.

Officialssay that it is unclear if any of the suspects were hit by the gunfire.

The Metropolitan Police Department and Prince Goerge's County police are investigating.

My, my, they are getting bold...

BTW, here's the link:

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0807/445212.html

And the graphicnext to the story. Interesting Glock...

Post imported post

Exactly.... even if your armed and in a police uniform! Whenthey want something from you... your gun or money.... they will come and get it.

They are obviously not scared off by the fact your armed!!

Just something to think about.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Exactly.... even if your armed and in a police uniform! Whenthey want something from you... your gun or money.... they will come and get it.

Hmm, I wonder if a certain LEO in Virginia is finallystarting to consider carrying a spare mag or two....or three...

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Not even remotely surprised...one word says it all...Maryland. These guys were probably trying to slow down the "All Hands on Deck" initiative for Monday and Tuesday.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if a certain LEO in Virginia is finallystarting to consider carrying a spare mag or two....or three...

Actually.. I am thinking about packing an empty gun and keep one bullet in my pocket.

That way.. if they get my gun... it is empty! No need to give them 4 mags to go with it.

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:

Actually.. I am thinking about packing an empty gun and keep one bullet in my pocket.

That way.. if they get my gun... it is empty! No need to give them 4 mags to go with it.

Maybe carry an Airsoft gun instead...be really safe from getting shot with your own gun.:P

Post imported post

echo6tango wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Not even remotely surprised...one word says it all...Maryland. These guys were probably trying to slow down the "All Hands on Deck" initiative for Monday and Tuesday.
    I am so happy I live in Virginia!! No offense to "ilikeglocks"

MD and DC do not allow the people to carry guns as easily as VA and it is evident that those states have far worse crime. To the point that criminals are jacking uniformed cops!!

Post imported post

But our legislature here in the PRMD are doing such a good job of keeping us safe. NOT!!!!

Post imported post

Leo, do you have a link to the original story?

I'm sure there are a few people I know that would like this...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Leo, do you have a link to the original story?

I'm sure there are a few people I know that would like this...

AbNo, the link to the story is shown in the second post.

Andhere's a newer story, with some more detail:

Off-duty police officer exchanges gunfire during robbery attempt
    Daniel Fowler, The Examiner
    2007-08-07

Landover -

An off-duty District of Columbia police officer exchanged gunfire with men who tried to rob him outside his Landover home Monday morning as he was leaving for work, a Prince George’s County police spokesman said.

According to Cpl. Clinton Copeland, the Metropolitan Police Department officer, whose name isn’t being released, was not hurt in the incident. Prince George’s police are looking for three black men who had green camouflage bandanas covering parts of their faces and wore dark clothing.

Copeland said the police officer was getting into his vehicle on Finch Drive around 5:45 a.m. when three men got out of their car and demanded money. Two of the suspects brandished guns, Copeland said.

The officer “then draws his firearm and then we have an exchange of gunfire between the suspect and the officer,” Copeland told The Examiner.

Although the police officer was in uniform, Copeland said, he was wearing a jacket so you “didn’t really know he was a police officer.” Copeland was unsure whether the victim, a nine-year veteran of the D.C. police department, had identified himself as a police officer.

After exchanging shots, Copeland said the suspects fled in a dark Chrysler 300M or Concord.

“Investigators are trying to determine if any of the suspects were hit,” Copeland said. “They are checking area hospitals to see if anyone has been admitted for any type of gun shot wounds or injuries.”

Copeland didn’t know how many of the suspects fired shots or whether the suspects or the officer fired first. The suspects didn't take any money.

Prince George's police are asking anyone with information on the shooting to call 1-866-411-TIPS.

http://www.examiner.com/a-867682~Off...y_attempt.html

Post imported post

Talk about needing situational awareness....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    And the graphicnext to the story. Interesting Glock...

I've never seen a left-handed Glock. They must have reversed the image for some reason.

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA

Post imported post

This story smelling fishy.