Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: HR 2666, You are not going to like this one

  1. #1
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    Cannot view it

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Cannot view it

    H.R.2666
    Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 6/11/2007) Cosponsors (12)
    Latest Major Action: 6/11/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. [line]SUMMARY AS OF:
    6/11/2007--Introduced. Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2007 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
    Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
    Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
    Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
    Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
    Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  4. #4
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Cannot view it
    I corrected the link it worked at first then didn't, it should now work.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    Tess wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Cannot view it

    H.R.2666
    Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 6/11/2007) Cosponsors (12)
    Latest Major Action: 6/11/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
    [line]
    SUMMARY AS OF:
    6/11/2007--Introduced. Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2007 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
    Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
    Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
    Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
    Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
    Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
    Thank you Tess

    AFTER reading it I wish I couldn't view it:X.

    I CANNOT BELIEVE this bill. Gun owners are just getting Bill after Bill thrown at us. I think they are trying to get us of our Game so that we cannot recover fast enough.

    We will Conquer



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    KC,MO, ,
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    Grrrrrr. Where does one even start to pick this apart. I have seen this little bit of language pop up all over the place lately. "failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours" or similar.......

    Of course there is also the problem of how the government will determine if your firearm storage is what "they" consider safe.

    I want my family to be safe. Including when the bad guy comes busting in my back door. Too many times the others idea of safe storage it taken apart, in a locked box with ammo in a seperate room. Common sense says, out of reach of little or inexperienced hands.

    Brady bunch would go nuts if they knew how good of a shot my 13 year old son is.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    Little by Little, huh?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Gun owners are just getting Bill after Bill thrown at us. I think they are trying to get us of our Game so that we cannot recover fast enough.
    It's agood strategy. Just keep throwing them up on the wall until one or two stick. The reason we lose at the federal level is because the NRA only plays defense, instead of using the same strategy and getting lots of sponsered pro-gun bills thrown up. And much of congress is very anti-gun to begin with. Even the republicans.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    Yup...that's a damn good strategy actually, especially when the facts don't support ya

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    The bill itself carries the number of the beast. I wonder if the bills number was planed HR 2666 would accurately be HR 2evil.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk, Thank you for that honest assessment of the position the NRA has taken, and you are exactly right they have always played defense, and I know of no game that was ever won without a good offence, as well as a good defense, it seems to always take the two in unison to get a victory.

    I agree if they fought as hard to establish a good offensiveattack to garner support for our gun rights other than the standard we represent you after the fact, I would probably be more inclined to get behind them and offer my support, as I am sure a lot more people would do the same.

    Excellent point indeed, glad you brought it up, Maybe that is the reason I canceled my membership a while back as all I saw them do was to compromise on this or that never once that I can recall themtaking the bull by the horns, and setting it on the right track, I just new I was not getting the feeling that I was getting my moneys worth from them being my so called representative on the gun issue front, no doubt they have done some good in the past but it seems to me that since Heston left so did a lot of the fire.



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    It's agood strategy. Just keep throwing them up on the wall until one or two stick. The reason we lose at the federal level is because the NRA only plays defense, instead of using the same strategy and getting lots of sponsered pro-gun bills thrown up. And much of congress is very anti-gun to begin with. Even the republicans.
    It sure as hell seems to be working.

    It's also good to know I'm not the only one fed up with the NRA's inaction.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Has anyone considered jumping the NRA's arse about their stagnant inactivity?

    I for one plan to, and I'm also going to tell them I will NEVER pay them a damn half-cent coin if they don't start getting more PROactive....

    Who's with me?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    I joined as a life member just last year - before they started pandering to the socialist congress.

    I thought about resigning my membership, but decided one can only work from the inside. They certainly won't listen to those who are not members.

    So you're on the right track. They need their members - particularly long-term members and life members - to tell them when they go wrong. They rely on our numbers.

    The other side of the numbers game, though, is the rabid antis pay attention to the NRA BECAUSE of the numbers. If NRA can't show that power, we also lose.

    I've sent messages, but haven't done enough. I'm in.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    Any of you that belong to the VCDL contact them with this info. E-Mail Bruce Jackson at: vcdl.com.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    242

    Post imported post

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/4039.html

    Then DO something about it. Pete

  17. #17
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    AbNo wrote:
    Has anyone considered jumping the NRA's arse about their stagnant inactivity?

    I for one plan to, and I'm also going to tell them I will NEVER pay them a damn half-cent coin if they don't start getting more PROactive....

    Who's with me?
    I'm with you!

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    377

    Post imported post

    Sounds like Tomohawk has watched the same video from Front Sight Institute which I did yesterday. Dr. Piazza said that no ground has been won in battle fighting defensively. We need to go on the offense to claw back the gun rights which are our birthright, but which have been eroded little by little over the last 50 years.

    Check out www.frontsight.com for info on his free video and firearms training. As soon as I can, I plan to go.

    Regards from the desert.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    I want to go on record here, that I am not Anti NRA, but I am totally against their compromise policies of late, by late I mean since Heston left.

    I'm sure they are doing what they think the membership wants them to do, and the membership is remiss for not voicing their positions if different from the perceived direction the leadership is taking. They are working to keep bad laws under control, but there in lies the problem, and their stance has been for a long time, as noted defensive.

    If all the members would simply inform the leadership that it is long past time to be proactive, and aggressive in establishing a real offensive attack on preserving, and protecting the 2nd, then maybe the membership would grow by a great number of folks that are like us tired of the constant negative attacks on us as gun people, and the Constitution which is still under attack.

    We can no longer allow the far left to have their way and, dictate to us, and the courts, not to mention the mass media, their poison language. They can not keep pointing the finger of blame on an inanimate object as the guilty thing they want everyone to believe it is, a gun is nothing more than a tool, no different than a wrench, hammer, or saw, and just for the record the first recorded murder was not committed by a deranged person with a gun in his hand, threatening the children around the world, by his act.

    Back to my point of the NRA, if they would go on the offensive, and put a stop to this BS, I would be proud to support them, and that includes membership, but I do have a problem supporting an org. that I feel is caving in to the enemy by first one then another compromise, on this or that position, I want an Org. that will support the Constitution all the way with out any compromise of any kind, with me it is an all or nothing position.

    Long past time to inform the Congress that they work for us not the other way around, and I do honestly believe that the Congress should take a new and binding oath to uphold, protect and defend the Constitution and if that oath is broken for any reason they are out Period no second chance and a new person put in their place, I am long past the point of tolerance of these Traitors in our midst, undermining our Military and degrading our President, it isn't that we can not disagree with him or his policies but there is a Constitutional way to accomplish that and I am not talking about impeachment.

    I'm done now!



  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    XD Owner wrote:
    Sounds like Tomohawk has watched the same video from ...SNIP
    Nope. I never had to watch any video. I joined the NRA years ago and watched what they did, and more importantly, what they didn't, do. I put two and two together on my own.

    Tess wrote:
    I joined as a life member just last year - before they started pandering to the socialist congress.

    You mean before you noticed that they pander, Tess. Most of us don't figure out the NRA's shortcomings until after we join and start paying more attention to what they really do.

    I won't give up my membership, either. NRA is still a useful organization for some stuff, like training and getting people involved in gun sports, and just plain being out front and in the headlines.

    But if you want political activism, the local statewide groups seem much more effective. NRA is not a grass roots-oriented organization.



  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    And I think that's part of the problem, Toma....

    The NRA thinks if 2ndA threats go away, they won't be needed anymore.

    Apparently, they've forgotten (or never heard of) the need for "eternal vigilance"....


    If they would actually ing DO something, instead of coming out of their mouse-hole every once in a while, I'd support them more. Hell, I've TURNED DOWN a lifetime membership my family offered me last year for Christmas, just because of their spineless ways.

    So far, they've cost themselves what, $300? From me alone....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    AbNo wrote:
    The NRA thinks if 2ndA threats go away, they won't be needed anymore.
    That's a good point. Once the primary purpose of your organization becomes preserving itself instead of achieving your stated goal (protection of RKBA), you get into trouble.

    This is further evidenced by the fact that in its magazines and publications, NRA never ever mentions other non-NRA-affiliated pro-RKBA organizations in its news pages. Why? I can't say for sure, but I think they won't say anything that might remind people that NRA isn't the only game in town. Which I think is a petty and insulting disservice to their own members, many of whom, like myself are willing to join more than one organization as long as they are both effective.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    766

    Post imported post

    http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=1198


    But Bobby Rush served six months in jail for a 1969 illegal weapons conviction and, even after his release, in 1971 his comrades were still describing him as the "Deputy Minister of Defense" for the Black Panther Party in Illinois. In 1992 the socialist magazine In These Times[/i] praised fledgling congressional candidate Rush, writing that he "has continued to support progressive policies and has never disavowed his Panther past."

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    AbNo wrote:
    The NRA thinks if 2ndA threats go away, they won't be needed anymore.
    That's a good point. Once the primary purpose of your organization becomes preserving itself instead of achieving your stated goal (protection of RKBA), you get into trouble.

    This is further evidenced by the fact that in its magazines and publications, NRA never ever mentions other non-NRA-affiliated pro-RKBA organizations in its news pages. Why? I can't say for sure, but I think they won't say anything that might remind people that NRA isn't the only game in town. Which I think is a petty and insulting disservice to their own members, many of whom, like myself are willing to join more than one organization as long as they are both effective.
    Exactly. I can be a member of the VCDL (I'm about to, Philip, and I'm paying someone else's way in, as well), NRA, BFA, GOA.... Help me out here, who else is there?

    My point is, I can be a member of ALL these groups at once. They aren't exclusive clubs.

    Actually... I think I'll call the NRA tomorrow and ask them for other pro2A groups. I'll be sure to let everyone know how that goes...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    I'm not real sure about GOA, they have concerned me of late, not sure just how to take them but that's me. They seem a bit off center.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •