• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lost my open carry virginity about a week ago.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Every time I read the title of this thread I have to chuckle.

I didn't loose my virginity, I left it exactly where I wanted to. :celebrate

LoveMyCountry

GLOCK.45Guy

imported post

I was a bit unclear on the protocol for showing Identification even while minding my own. At that point,I have yet to read through any of these post, I just started this week.

AbNo

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Lol this really makes me want to rock a kilt when OCing...man, I think thats a little too much attention though. People will think I am irish mafia:uhoh:

And what's the problem with that? :lol:

Then pull off the coat and roll up the sleeve,
For Bayard is a hard street to travel;
So pull off the coat and roll up the sleeve,
The Bloody Sixth is a hard ward to travel I believe.

Like wild dogs they did fight,
this Fourth of July night,
Of course they laid their plans accordin';
Some were wounded and some killed,
and lots of blood spill'd,
In the fight on the other side of Jordan.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

GLOCK.45Guy wrote:
New here.

I just startedabout a month agoOCing myself here in Hampton/ NN. Mainly when Ihave to stop some where after workand my attire will not allow me to CC, but noe the less. I felt the same as I'm sure most of us feel the first time. It's been alot easier since, even got through my first LEO encounter. They questioned why I was OC'ing took/checked my weapon adn ID, then allowed me to carry on. I know that this was the first and possibly the easiest of LEO encounters, I' well prepared for whats down the road.

About the OC dinner, I would be up for one if it was planned. Is there anyone that normally calls these things? Has there been one in Hampton recently?
I see a can of worms here. First the LE had no reason to stop you, check your weapon or ID - this constitutes a Terry stop. I would file a formal complaint with the local dept. and expect at the very least a formal apology.
Yata hey

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
GLOCK.45Guy wrote:
New here.

I just startedabout a month agoOCing myself here in Hampton/ NN. Mainly when Ihave to stop some where after workand my attire will not allow me to CC, but noe the less. I felt the same as I'm sure most of us feel the first time. It's been alot easier since, even got through my first LEO encounter. They questioned why I was OC'ing took/checked my weapon adn ID, then allowed me to carry on. I know that this was the first and possibly the easiest of LEO encounters, I' well prepared for whats down the road.

About the OC dinner, I would be up for one if it was planned. Is there anyone that normally calls these things? Has there been one in Hampton recently?
I see a can of worms here. First the LE had no reason to stop you, check your weapon or ID - this constitutes a Terry stop. I would file a formal complaint with the local dept. and expect at the very least a formal apology.
Yata hey

Terry stop?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

A LEO may stop and frisk you only if he/she has a reasonable suspicion that you have been, are or are about to commit an illegal act - (OCing is not a crime.) Anything else is wrong and in violation of your rights. This was determined in Terry vs Ohio and has become know as a Terry stop. See link folowing. Always ask if you are being arrested or otherwise detained before saying "Have a nice day." and leaving though.

Ask to see my papers?! If I am not in my vehicle on a public street, I don't think so!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisking

Yata hey