Thread: Chesterfield Applebees Robbed

Post imported post

http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/8953657.html

Chesterfield Applebee’s robbed
    From NBC12 News

A crime alert out of Chesterfield where two masked men robbed a restaurant and then left one employee in the freezer!

Police say the suspects walked up to an employee of the Applebee's as she got into her car and then forced her back into the restaurant to open the safe.

It happened just after midnight at the Applebee’s on Moorefield Park Drive

She was put in a walk-in freezer, but was not hurt.
    This happened after hours so no customers were involved. Most of these restaurant robberies lately seem to be taking place at or just after closing. Just another reason not to stick around even a "safe" place late at night.

Post imported post

I work for a financial institution... most robberies happen at opening or closing. We take special precautions at those times to minimize risk.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

But did those bad guys violate 18.2-308(J3) and enter while carrying concealed? [uplifted pinky to mouth ala Dr. Evil:shock:]

Post imported post

Obviously, the thugs want to avoid being seen by lots of witnesses, but here in VA they probably also fear being around a customer who might be packing:what:

Post imported post

I had dinner a few days ago here at a Missouri Applebees. I was with a few other people and I was carrying concealed. I thought to myself, there is no need to carry in such a safe place. Oops, this just proves there really are no guarenteed safe places. I did carry and I'm glad I did! (completely legal here in MO, seems the laws are different for you in VA).

Post imported post

great...just great..this goes along with the armed robbery at the taco bell on midlothian turnpike by koger center and the hospital....OH yeah,and the armed robbery of the armored truck at chesterifled town center( while I was working at that mall...:shock and the post office...

Post imported post

BigGlock, we can legally carry in restaurants - the catch is that you can't CC if they serve alcohol, so you have to OC.

Post imported post

When I was in high school I worked the closing shift at a small grocery store. The manager and I would leave about 1030 and take the day's cash and checks to the bank deposit box down the block. At the time, it wasn't a big deal to me - I just wanted to get home. Now I realise how dangerous that really could have been.