• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chesterfield Applebees Robbed

vt357

imported post

http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/8953657.html

Chesterfield Applebee’s robbed
From NBC12 News

A crime alert out of Chesterfield where two masked men robbed a restaurant and then left one employee in the freezer!

Police say the suspects walked up to an employee of the Applebee's as she got into her car and then forced her back into the restaurant to open the safe.

It happened just after midnight at the Applebee’s on Moorefield Park Drive

She was put in a walk-in freezer, but was not hurt.
This happened after hours so no customers were involved. Most of these restaurant robberies lately seem to be taking place at or just after closing. Just another reason not to stick around even a "safe" place late at night.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I work for a financial institution... most robberies happen at opening or closing. We take special precautions at those times to minimize risk.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Obviously, the thugs want to avoid being seen by lots of witnesses, but here in VA they probably also fear being around a customer who might be packing:what:

BigGlock

imported post

I had dinner a few days ago here at a Missouri Applebees. I was with a few other people and I was carrying concealed. I thought to myself, there is no need to carry in such a safe place. Oops, this just proves there really are no guarenteed safe places. I did carry and I'm glad I did! (completely legal here in MO, seems the laws are different for you in VA).

Ghettokracker71

imported post

:uhoh: great...just great..this goes along with the armed robbery at the taco bell on midlothian turnpike by koger center and the hospital....OH yeah,and the armed robbery of the armored truck at chesterifled town center( while I was working at that mall...:shock:) and the post office...

vt357

imported post

When I was in high school I worked the closing shift at a small grocery store. The manager and I would leave about 1030 and take the day's cash and checks to the bank deposit box down the block. At the time, it wasn't a big deal to me - I just wanted to get home. Now I realise how dangerous that really could have been.