• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clintons as President?

Kelly J

imported post

For Immediate Release
[size=-1]Jul 31, 2006[/size]
[size=-1]Contact: Press Office
202-646-5188[/size]

[size=+2]New Documents Detail Clinton White House Behind-the-Scenes Role in "War" on Gun Rights[/size]

[size=+1]Pushed Plan to Attack the Gun Industry, a la "Big Tobacco"[/size]

[size=+1][/size]

[align=left](Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch, the public interest group that fights government corruption, announced today that it has uncovered new documents from the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock, Arkansas which shed light on the Clintons’ plan to attack the gun industry. The following are highlights from the documents:[/align]
[align=left][/align]

• [align=left]A March 6, 2000 letter from New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer includes a handwritten note at the top from Bill Clinton to then-White House Deputy Counsel Bruce Lindsey, which reads: "Bruce, See me re: this…has some good ideas for future." Among the "good ideas" -- denying gun manufacturers the right to sell guns to the military and law enforcement unless they sign an anti-gun "code of conduct" that would have crippled the industry.[/align]
[align=left][/align]

• [align=left]A memorandum from former Clinton Advisor Sidney Blumenthal to Bruce Reed, Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, dated November 9, 1998, reads: "I've enclosed an article and a press release about the new effort to file class action suits against gun manufacturers. I think this is a very promising idea. Let's talk about it soon." The press release, from the Mayor’s Office in New Orleans, was in draft form, suggesting the Mayor coordinated the strategy with the White House.[/align]
[align=left][/align]

• [align=left]The "promising idea" identified by Blumenthal involved filing massive product liability and negligence lawsuits against major handgun makers, "the opening salvo in a campaign against the gun industry by an alliance of anti-tobacco attorneys and local governments," wrote The Los Angeles Times. According to one of the lawyers involved in the lawsuits: "We are going to do to [the gun industry] what we did to tobacco. It's going to be a very large war."[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]In March 2000, less than two years after the Blumenthal memo referenced above, the Clinton strategy was used to strong-arm gun manufacturer Smith and Wesson to install gun locks, introduce so-called “smart gun” strategy, and to ban the sale of its weapons at trade shows. Smith and Wesson broke ranks with other gun manufacturers and agreed to execute this strategy if a lawsuit against the company would be dropped.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]“These new documents clearly show that the Clinton administration put into motion an organized plan to attack the gun industry,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “Tough questions about these extortive methods ought to be asked of both Clintons.”[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Click here to read the actual documents.[/align]
[align=left][/align]

AbNo

imported post

Nothing I'm terribly suprised with.

On a side note...

13098923zh1.png

:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim: