• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tactical flashlight

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

One problem with these high power flashlights is that they can be too bright. In some situations, you need just a little help to see or the focal point is just feet or inches away and the reflected light can blind you. The light I use fits in the palm of my hand, so I have started letting my pinky curl across the lens (which blocks about 70% of the light) while my thumb controls the switch on the end cap. This allows me to vary the brightness to fit the situation.

LoveMyCountry

Vermont0311

imported post

Thanks for the heads up on the Cree upgrades. Saves me from having to buy a ridiculously expensive LED based tactical light. Brighter plus it'll last longer on these expensive CR123A lithiums. It's in the mail.

Semper Fi.

molonlabetn

imported post

PentagonLight MOLLE

get_file.cfm

Specifications
Brightness: 40 Lumens
Run-Time: 3 Hours
Batteries: One AA Alkaline
Lamp: 0.5 Watt White LED
Filter Color: Red
Length: 3.4" (86 mm)
Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g

Features
* MOLLE PALs Webbing Compatible
* Hands-Free Illumination
* Rotatable Clip

Goes with me everywhere.

And I keep a 4D MagLite by the bed.

bayboy42

imported post

My apologies Agent19....turns out the number I used to make that statment is associated with the M3 LED. Looks like the two are indeed comparable lights. I'll make sure to read a little closer next time.:exclaim:

Vermont0311

imported post

Just got my Cree upgrade for my 6P and I love it! Whiter light, crisper operation, and the batteries will last three times longer! And only $36 with shipping.

Anybody know the actual output of this thing? It seems brighter than the krypton bulb but I couldn't find a straight answer on the site I bought it from, just took Bulldog's word for it.

Thank you for pointing me towards these things, maybe I'll find enough money in the budget to upgrade my G2 as well. Just had to treat my 6P right as it took care of me throughout my time overseas, wish I'd had the upgrade then.