• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons Stolen From Manassas Gun Shop

vrwmiller

imported post

Many Weapons Stolen From Manassas Gun Shop*
POSTED: 5:00 pm EDT August 7, 2007
UPDATED: 7:12 pm EDT August 7, 2007

MANASSAS, Va. -- Prince William County police said they hope security video will help them solve a gun store robbery in Manassas.

The thief shattered the display case glass at Dominion Arms in the 7500 block of Centreville Road and took as many as 20 new handguns, according to store owners. Police said they are concerned the guns will be used to commit violent crimes.

Police said the culprit wore a bandana as a mask and an oversized coat and gained entry to the gun shop by making a hole in the wall from the business next door.

Motion detectors in the store sounded an alarm, and an officer was in the area, so the culprit didn't have much time in the store.

Surveillance video from a neighboring business captured the police moving in on the crime scene, and police said they hope it might help them identify the thief.
* NBC: http://www.nbc4.com/news/13842349/detail.html

vrwmiller

imported post

[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][/font][/font]
Man wanted in theft of guns

By ELISA A. GLUSHEFSKI
eglushefski@potomacnews.com
Thursday, August 23, 2007

Prince William County police are searching for a man who is suspected to have stolen approximately $10,000 worth of guns from a Manassas-area firearms store and is believed to be armed and dangerous.

Michael Wayne Lewis II, 29, is wanted in connection with the recent burglary of Dominion Arms Corporation firearm store in which 19 guns were stolen, said 1st Sgt. Kim Chinn, police spokeswoman.

Lewis is believed to still be in possession of the weapons, Chinn said.

Around 1:45 a.m. Aug. 7, police responded to an alarm at Dominion Arms, 7549 Centreville Road.

According to police, the burglar got into the gun shop by breaking into the adjacent business, Interamerica Express Travel Agency, and digging a large hold in the wall that divided the businesses.

Police do not know where Lewis lives, but said he is known to frequent the Manassas area and might be driving a burgundy minivan with personalized tags.

Lewis is a white man, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 170 pounds, according to police. He has brown hair, which might be long, Chinn said, and brown eyes. He is known to wear a blue bandanna.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Lewis is asked to call Prince William County Crime Solvers at 866-411-TIPS. Callers don't have to give their name, just the information, and could earn up to a $1,000 cash reward.
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]
source
[/font]
[/font]

LEO 229

imported post

ATF agents arrest 3 for selling guns
By Jim McElhatton
August 23, 2007

Federal authorities have arrested three men caught selling guns in the District, and at least one of the weapons recovered has been tied to the robbery of a gun shop in Manassas earlier this month.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) arrested Hassan Zaid Abdelqader, Michael McGhee and Brandon Lee Williams on Aug. 16 during a traffic stop in the 600 block of Randle Place Southeast.

One of the three men has since told investigators he recognized the man they purchased the guns from as being wanted for questioning in connection with the robbery of the Dominion Arms gun store in Manassas on Aug. 7, according to recent filings in federal court in the District.

The suspect, identified in court papers as Michael Wayne Lewis, has not been arrested but is wanted and considered armed and dangerous, ATF spokesman Mike Campbell said yesterday.

"He's told people he wasn't going to be taken alive," Mr. Campbell said.

Mr. Campbell said investigators have learned that Mr. Lewis often carries two or three guns on him at all times.

According to an affidavit filed by an ATF agent, Mr. Abdelqader told authorities he recognized Mr. Lewis in a television news report on the Manassas robbery, which was caught on store surveillance tapes.

Mr. Campbell said 19 of the 20 guns stolen from the Dominion Arms store have been recovered, including one found in Baltimore. A Beretta .22-caliber semiautomatic pistol was found during the traffic stop in the District.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20070823/METRO/108230058/1004/metro

vt357

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
...snip...
Mr. Campbell said 19 of the 20 guns stolen from the Dominion Arms store have been recovered, including one found in Baltimore.
Wow I have to say I am impressed. That is some good police work of getting illegal guns off the street. Now that the police have done their job will the prosecutors do theirs by putting the thugs behind bars for a long time instead of letting them plea bargain down to probation ( = go out and do it all over again)?

I have a feeling though that Lewis will go down in a blaze of glory.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Aww hell... everyone knows they are heading to New York. Just ask Bloomburg.

Tomahawk

imported post

Well, I for one blame the gunshop owners. Obviously, they didn't have adequate security measures...no wait, let me change that: I blame the gun manufacturers. Obviously they didn't do their homework before selling guns to these sloppy dealers...no wait, let me amend that: I blame the steel companies for selling materials to the gun manufacturers. Obviously, they don't have any ethics to prevent them from providing metal used to make implements of death which will obviously some day be stolen and sold to DC thugs...no, wait, that's not right: I blame God, for putting all that steel and chemicals in the earth which would someday be extracted and refined, and then sold to gun makers, who would someday turn it into magic death machines, which would someday be distributed to Virginia gun shops, which would someday be stolen, and would then someday wind up on the street in DC.

So there. Bloomberg should sue God. See how that goes over.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Well, I for one blame the gunshop owners. Obviously, they didn't have adequate security measures...no wait, let me change that: I blame the gun manufacturers. Obviously they didn't do their homework before selling guns to these sloppy dealers...no wait, let me amend that: I blame the steel companies for selling materials to the gun manufacturers. Obviously, they don't have any ethics to prevent them from providing metal used to make implements of death which will obviously some day be stolen and sold to DC thugs...no, wait, that's not right: I blame God, for putting all that steel and chemicals in the earth which would someday be extracted and refined, and then sold to gun makers, who would someday turn it into magic death machines, which would someday be distributed to Virginia gun shops, which would someday be stolen, and would then someday wind up on the street in DC.

So there. Bloomberg should sue God. See how that goes over.
You forgot the link between God and the steel companies...the miners..... if they didn't extract all of that ore and additional minerals from the earth we wouldn't have any of these problems. :D

LEO 229

imported post

Personally... I want to sue auto manufacturing companies.

Ifthey did not create cars.. obviously, far less people would die. People could not use them as weapons to cause harm either.

Tomahawk

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Ifthey did not create cars.. obviously, far less people would die. People could not use them as weapons to cause harm either.
Yeah, and they would have to carry all those stolen guns to DC in a sack draped across their backs like Santa Clausinstead of using the trunk of a car.

NytoVa

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Ifthey did not create cars.....

Crossing threads a bit....but if the auto manufactures didn't exist you would be riding a horse on duty.

Of course, then we wouldn't have to worry about you leaving the engine on to keep cool.:D

LEO 229

imported post

NytoVa wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Crossing threads a bit....but if the auto manufactures didn't exist you would be riding a horse on duty.

Of course, then we wouldn't have to worry about you leaving the engine on to keep cool.:D
No.. people would complain I did not un-saddle my horse.. :lol:

sccrref

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Desertdoc wrote:
Aww hell... everyone knows they are heading to New York. Just ask Bloomburg.

Hopefully, he will decide to only fire a single round, and become An Hero, instead.
Let us hope that the shot he fires is into his head. Maybe the ventillation will help his thought processess to go in the correct direction.

sccrref

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Do not forget that an automobile was used to transport said stolen firearms.

sccrref

imported post

NytoVa wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Or having to fill up with the six gallons of gas.

LEO 229

imported post

sccrref wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Or having to fill up with the six gallons of gas.
I strongly believe the daily boarding of the horse will cost more than 6 gallons of gas.

67GT390FB

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Its an the punch line to an old joke so don't blame me:

Yes Leo would he'd be like the Lone Ranger and have Tonto run around the horse so that when the next guy comes into the bar/donut shop he could tell LEO that he left his injun running.

LEO 229

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
NytoVa wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Its an the punch line to an old joke so don't blame me:

Yes Leo would he'd be like the Lone Ranger and have Tonto run around the horse so that when the next guy comes into the bar/donut shop he could tell LEO that he left his injun running.
Oh Man!!!! The citizens are not going to like that either.. :D