Thread: Why there is no such thing as 'CCW permits' in California

Post imported post

'CCW permits' dont exist in California.

How can I say that and legally carry concealed?

Because I am licensed to carry concealed. The license itself states "License to Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver, or Other Firearm Within the State of California"

If you go to PC12050 and read the full text of the law, 'CCW' and 'permit' do not appear anywhere in the section. The header to article 3 is titled "Licences to carry pistols and revolvers".

"CCW" appears in 12027 (D) and (E)and refers specifically to an endorsement for retiredpeace officersto 'carry concealed weapons.

"CCW" appears in other places, but it is almost always in reference to peace officers priviledge.

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands making these distinctions, but Im not a peace officer (retired or otherwise)with a CCW endorsement.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

I think we use "CCW permit" as a catch-all term for convenience. I think we would confuse too many people if we worried about the distinction. Still, interesting stuff.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.