• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone carry a .380 auto

hogleg

imported post

Like my PPK/s. Nice little gun. I like this for when I go biking or just need something small. Not as powerful as I would like but......... I guess I use more for CC than OC. Just wondered what the toughts were on the 380's I know I know just makes em mad.If you shoot good it probably won't matter all that much though.

I like the size. Maybe for more power I should check out the Kahr .40????

Goliath

imported post

I carry a Colt Mustang from time to time. I like it cause I can slip it into my back pocket without a problem. As to only making them mad, If your shot placement is good they won't be mad for long before those two rounds in the heart send them off to their fiery reward.

Goliath

tarzan1888

imported post

hogleg wrote:
Like my PPK/s. Nice little gun. I like this for when I go biking or just need something small. Not as powerful as I would like but......... I guess I use more for CC than OC. Just wondered what the toughts were on the 380's I know I know just makes em mad.If you shoot good it probably won't matter all that much though.

If you don't have one, then I would check out something bigger. If you do already have one then carry it.

I carried a .22 LR Auto for many years, and still do as a BUG

:)

hogleg

imported post

I have smaller and I have bigger. I just seem to grab this one more lately. The only .380I own and the most comfortable of my guns to carry. Got it just because it was there, under the glass looking at me.

Do they make that in a 9mm?

Marco

imported post

i wouldn't carry a .380, since they are usually blow back and recoil and cost more than 9mm.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hogleg wrote:

I OC a Bersa .380. It's about the size and weight of the Walther PPK, but costs less. I like its reliability and accuracy, and 1250fps muzzle velocity makes me at least feel like I have a chance. Only 7+1, but I can carry a spare mag, and even with the spare on my belt or in my pocket I don't feel weighted down.

I also have Bersa's 9mm and their .40, and have the .45 ready to pick up (it's my Jesse Jackson gun). The .40 is really too big for CC. I've OCd it a few times. But the 9mm is fine for OC.

SFDoc

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I carry a P3AT in my pocket alot. It's the perfect pocket pistol.
Me three - great little tool to have for some of those places that have those pesky defense free or Criminal safe signsand you have no choice but to go there.

1Shot

imported post

NAA Guardian, 32 ACP --

grdcvr.jpg

Because I don't live in a war zone, and it gets carried. I have a 45 ACP in the vehicle, along with a 12 gauge most days.

PSUDrew

imported post

I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 in the duo tone finish. I think its one of the better values on the market. I paid $215 for mine. I find the Cor-Bon 90-gr JHP ammo to perform the best in this gun. Do not let high caliber supporters con you into thinking a .380 is not a sufficient caliber for self defense. Remember control of your gun and shot placement matter the most. :D

kparker

imported post

Another satisfied P3AT customer here!

Of course, I only carry it when carrying something bigger is not suitable. Which is surprisingly often, as it turns out. (Well, actually I should say I only carry it alone... mostly when I carry my S&W 910 or Ruger SP101, the P32 it still present as my BUG.)

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I had a Bersa .380 several years back that I carried regularly but let it go in a trade. I do still have a PA-63 in 9x18 that I carry at times though and have no doupts that it would make an "attitude adjustment" if necessary.

Cue-Ball

imported post

My wife's carry gun is a Sig 232 stainless model (.380). It wasn't cheap, but what a fabulous pistol it is. Beautiful, comfortable, great operation, and super accurate. I would not hesitate to use one of these as my sole carry gun (I carry a Springfield XD 9mm now). It's big enough for large hands, but slim enough to easily conceal, and it fits like a glove. I wish it were 9mm instead, but the .380 isn't a bad round at all. It's still powerful enough to stop a bad guy and, let's not forget, 99% of defensive gun uses don't involve a shot fired. Looking down the barrel is usually enough to stop the bad guys in their tracks.

VAspringer

imported post

I'm not familiar with the P3AT.....heard a lot about them. I'm looking for a small BUG now. Could someone enlighten me on the P3AT...Mfg. etc....possibly a picture? I currently own...revolvers, Glocks, 1911...all full size except for the J frame S&W.
Thanks,
Mike

soloban

imported post

My wife used to have a Taurus PT380. It was a good gun and she shot it very accurately, however, the one thing that She, nor I liked about it was the trigger pull. It was long and a little heavy