Thread: Open / Conceal Carry at place of Business

Post imported post

I know you can carry (open or conceal) at your property or place of business. But waht if the place of business is not your property but you are leasee renting the place from a landlord.

I own a restaurant not in the nicest part of town in central Los Angeles and we have cash in the register that might tempt someone. Is it legal to carry???

THanks.

Post imported post

neomedic wrote:
    I know you can carry (open or conceal) at your property or place of business. But waht if the place of business is not your property but you are leasee renting the place from a landlord.

I own a restaurant not in the nicest part of town in central Los Angeles and we have cash in the register that might tempt someone. Is it legal to carry???

THanks.
    really, I'd call the local PD.

Post imported post

neomedic wrote:

THanks.
    Answered over in the "California" section.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Don't call the local PD. They will always say NO. (most) Police officers are some of the most ignorant people when it comes to law.

In most states, even if you don't own your residence or business but are simply leasing, you have the same rights when it comes to carrying firearms. Your land-lord cannot prevent you from carrying firearms in most states.

Again, check your local laws.

Post imported post

Thankfully not a lawyer, but...

Unless it was a stipulation of your leasing agreement (see "Signing away your rights"), you essentially own that property. You your landlord may have permission to let himself in whenever (a common term for a lease), but it is still YOUR property, YOUR home/business.

That being said, my landlady hasn't said anything to me about OCing in her office. It probably has to do with the fact I've said "Hi! I'm here to give you money!" the last two times I've been over there.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.