• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open / Conceal Carry at place of Business

neomedic

imported post

I know you can carry (open or conceal) at your property or place of business. But waht if the place of business is not your property but you are leasee renting the place from a landlord.

I own a restaurant not in the nicest part of town in central Los Angeles and we have cash in the register that might tempt someone. Is it legal to carry???

THanks.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

neomedic wrote:
I know you can carry (open or conceal) at your property or place of business. But waht if the place of business is not your property but you are leasee renting the place from a landlord.

I own a restaurant not in the nicest part of town in central Los Angeles and we have cash in the register that might tempt someone. Is it legal to carry???

THanks.
really, I'd call the local PD.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

neomedic wrote:

THanks.
Answered over in the "California" section.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Don't call the local PD. They will always say NO. (most) Police officers are some of the most ignorant people when it comes to law.

In most states, even if you don't own your residence or business but are simply leasing, you have the same rights when it comes to carrying firearms. Your land-lord cannot prevent you from carrying firearms in most states.

Again, check your local laws.

AbNo

imported post

Thankfully not a lawyer, but...

Unless it was a stipulation of your leasing agreement (see "Signing away your rights"), you essentially own that property. You your landlord may have permission to let himself in whenever (a common term for a lease), but it is still YOUR property, YOUR home/business.

That being said, my landlady hasn't said anything to me about OCing in her office. It probably has to do with the fact I've said "Hi! I'm here to give you money!" the last two times I've been over there. :lol: