• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just_A_Car has no more excuse for not OC'ing!!

gregma

imported post

We met this last weekend at the gun range to do some shooting (and had a BLAST!!) And I presented him with a Blackhawk SERPA holster for his firearm, courtesy of the forum members.
So now, no more excuses ;)

just_a_car

imported post

Yes, and as I expressed to gregma, a hearty thank you to all who contributed to the "fund" that he claims was started (and Lonnie first mentioned when I joined the forum). As I have old habits/morals handed down from my father (in-country Vietnam Vet), I wasn't going to allow him to pay for all of it himself, but he insisted... so instead I payed for his range fee and let him use my targets.;)

Unfortunately, Sam's no longer allows non-members to shoot members' high-powered rifles (only members may shoot high-powered rifles, otherwise you may only shoot low-powered rifles{i.e. .22lr}, shotguns, and pistols). That being the case, I wasn't able to let gregma shoot my CETME or my Mosin Nagant 91/30 ex-sniper, but I did get to "show 'em off", heh.

Gregma has quite the fine Beretta 9mm and we swapped pistols to check each out. As he said, it was quite a blast!

Also unfortunately, I find that the holster prints just a little too much for my liking, which I'll have to work on clothing-wise. Until such time, carrying my G27 is going to have to stay "mexican-concealed" for certain areas where carry is technically legal, but where I could stand to lose a substantial amount of time and resources from being "outted": http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/2916-2.html (My post on Sun Jun 10th, 2007 04:23 pm)

G27

imported post

JAC, have you ever tried a small of the back holster? Especially since you have a Glock 27 like I. Uncle Mike's makes a SOTB holster and it costs 15 bucks. I find it tends to be very comfortable back there and even helps me sit up straight! :lol: Noone can ever tell I am CC'in when I go that way. Just a thought.

just_a_car

imported post

G27, that's actually where I carry "mexican". Small of the back, in the waistband. It's never come loose or fallen out, even when riding my bicycle or out running. I may pick up an Uncle Mikes SOB-IWB holster when I get a chance, though.

AbNo

imported post

gregma wrote:
We met this last weekend at the gun range to do some shooting (and had a BLAST!!)  And I presented him with a Blackhawk SERPA holster for his firearm,  courtesy of the forum members.
So now, no more excuses ;)

Man, makes me wish I'd made that complaint! The one I'm getting is $50. :lol:

Mjolnir

imported post

I'm sorry about the SERPA :shock::p:p :D:D

Take a look at the Comp-Tac CTAC and they are comming out with a new holster that looks rather promising for those who like leather called the Minotaur MTAC.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=95

Mexican carry is not very safe & should only be used when ya have no other recourse.

Theres a reason it's called Mexican carry :lol::lol::lol:

krazichinaman

imported post

I have the same holster for my XD. I do notfeel very comfortable OCing just yet in the public. I OC at work (in lakewood at the warehouse) and once or twice did it at Pho Tran Brothers in S. Tacoma way on lunch break.

One time at work, a customer actually started asking about my holster and how it worked. I'm still just afraid that someone will freak out and call the cops "THERE IS A MAN WITH A GUN!"

xpun8

imported post

I like that MTAC. I hate those hot days at work, pull the honey from the safe and it gives new meaning to "Disco Inferno". Between the kydex and the slide and grip of the gun being 100 C I end up doing a little dance when I come out of my unarmed victim zone.

just_a_car

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
I'm sorry about the SERPA :shock::p:p :D:D

Take a look at the Comp-Tac CTAC and they are comming out with a new holster that looks rather promising for those who like leather called the Minotaur MTAC.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=95

Mexican carry is not very safe & should only be used when ya have no other recourse.

Theres a reason it's called Mexican carry :lol::lol::lol:
Sorry about my SERPA, huh? Yeah, I know you have pure hatred for it from the SERPA thread, but I'm trying to ignore you on these forums; that's why I stopped checking anywhere but the WA forum.

As for Mexican carry being unsafe, it's only as unsafe as you make it. When carrying in condition 3, I find it very difficult to imagine the firearm being able to rack the slide far enough to chamber a round without me noticing. Oh, and until I take the time to buy an IWB holster, it is my only recourse in situations where I NEED to be concealed.

Oh, and unrequited already posted the article that immediately came to mind when you said there was a reason it's called Mexican carry... and your comment is half a step from bigotry, but it's obviously hard to tell exactly what your intentions were through just the text.

just_a_car

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Man, makes me wish I'd made that complaint! The one I'm getting is $50. :lol:
Actually, there never was a complaint by me. I only stated how I carried and why I couldn't OC and it was the forum members that complained about that. They insisted that they were getting a fund together to buy me a proper holster... I thought it was a joke as it seemed they were half-joking when it was said. I now know it wasn't and can only say thank you again to those that anonymously donated to that fund.

unrequited

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
As for Mexican carry being unsafe, it's only as unsafe as you make it. When carrying in condition 3, I find it very difficult to imagine the firearm being able to rack the slide far enough to chamber a round without me noticing.
Pass the Blackhawk Kool-aid! I'm glad you're not going to let him ruin it for you, and even more glad you have a bunch of guys who only want to help you spend more money on fun toys. The only other thing I'd say about Mexican Carry is I'm glad you're condition 3... VERY VERY VERY infrequently if I have to run to the car outside or in the garage I'll c3 a 3-min trip to and fro, but instead of Mexican, just front-pocket it. Freaks me out, but yeah, it's "safe".

Mjolnir

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Sorry about my SERPA, huh? Yeah, I know you have pure hatred for it from the SERPA thread, but I'm trying to ignore you on these forums; that's why I stopped checking anywhere but the WA forum.

As for Mexican carry being unsafe, it's only as unsafe as you make it. When carrying in condition 3, I find it very difficult to imagine the firearm being able to rack the slide far enough to chamber a round without me noticing. Oh, and until I take the time to buy an IWB holster, it is my only recourse in situations where I NEED to be concealed.

Oh, and unrequited already posted the article that immediately came to mind when you said there was a reason it's called Mexican carry... and your comment is half a step from bigotry, but it's obviously hard to tell exactly what your intentions were through just the text.
Dude, did ya see all the smiles, or is it you have no sense of humor :p:p:p:p

Yes there is a reason it's called Mexican carry & it's nice to see you jumping to jumping to conclusions even when you are not sure what I ment.

And yes condition 3 is "safe" but no way is it "smart"

gregma

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Unfortunately, Sam's no longer allows non-members to shoot members' high-powered rifles (only members may shoot high-powered rifles, otherwise you may only shoot low-powered rifles{i.e. .22lr}, shotguns, and pistols). That being the case, I wasn't able to let gregma shoot my CETME or my Mosin Nagant 91/30 ex-sniper, but I did get to "show 'em off", heh.
I will get an opportunity to fire those fine weapons! I'll either have to join Sams (VERY nice range by the way), or go to someplace like SVRC. :)

gregma

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
I use this to carry my Kahr P9 most of the time,

http://www.activeprogear.com/defender.html.

It allows me to carry an extra mag and is very comfortable. Also, if your shirt rides up a little it will only look like you are wearing a back brace, (considering your need to keep your carry status a secret).
Wow, I really like that. Is it comfortable? How about if you have to sit for a long time? I just might have to get one for those times I have to hide my firearm (which thankfully is VERY seldom)

gregma

imported post

krazichinaman wrote:
I have the same holster for my XD. I do notfeel very comfortable OCing just yet in the public. I OC at work (in lakewood at the warehouse) and once or twice did it at Pho Tran Brothers in S. Tacoma way on lunch break.

One time at work, a customer actually started asking about my holster and how it worked. I'm still just afraid that someone will freak out and call the cops "THERE IS A MAN WITH A GUN!"
One step at a time! It's how we all started. Little by little, you will gain confidence. You might have a setback or two, but they will be worked out and you will eventually be free. :)