Thread: Kahr duty holster

Post imported post

When the heck is someone going to put out a decent belt holster for open carry and duty carry for Kahr.

I love my Kahr TP-9 but could only find 1 holster that fit the criteria my department demands (belt holster with thumb break, barrel fully covered). That's the Bianchi 17726 size 11.
    It's fair but it rides high and too close to the body and shoves into the lower part of my body armor side panel.

I'd much prefer a Bianchi Accumold Enforcer which rides a tad bit lower and away from the body, but as far as I know they don't make one that fits the Kahr.

Does anyone know of any holster like that which will fit the Kahr TP-9?

Remember, this is a duty holster I'm looking for, so it has to meet my departments specifications.

Post imported post

contact kahr
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

The problem is, my all my duty gear is black nylon. I need black nylon with a thumb strap.
    (And I'm left handed:shock

It's not an emergency. Like I said in the OP, I have a duty holster for it. I just don't like it!

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote: I need it for belt, not paddle.

I didn't see any for the TP-9 (remember, the TP is a bit longer than all the other Kahr models).

Post imported post

You should contact Kahr and ask for a list of holster makers.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

My experience has been that the Kahr P9 fits nicely in 1911 holsters. Granted these were all open top models. I suggest going to your local gun store or cop shop and check out a couple of 1911 holsters for fit an function.

Post imported post

wqbang wrote:
    My experience has been that the Kahr P9 fits nicely in 1911 holsters.* Granted these were all open top models.* I suggest going to your local gun store or cop shop and check out a couple of 1911 holsters for fit an function.
    Mmm, if the CoOp has any Kahr P9's, I'll check the next time I go there. Which shouldn't be too long....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Uht, and.... that was Shayne on the phone asking if I wanted to go to the CoOp.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

To add to my reply, I would also say the the P9 fits in a hoslter for a 3-4" 1911. The TP9 would likely fit in a commander or larger sized holster.

Again, as far as a thumbreak is concerned, I don't know if it will fit or not.