• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRPC 2007 - Who's Attending

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

GRPC 2007 is rapidly approaching and we need to get a good idea of how many OCDO members plan on attending.

As many of you remember, last year was the first time that OCDO had a presence at GRPC. Mike and I attended and hosted an afternoon reception on behalf of OCDO which was very well received.

This was the first time that open carry rights had been represented in any organized fashion at GRPC and I think it is important that we continue to do so. Some of the most important figures in the gun-rights movement will be there including key legislators and it would be in our best interest to be well represented as these key figures look at an agenda for the upcoming year.

Those of you who plan to attend, please respond to this thread so that Mike and I have an idea of how many OCDO members will be going. If you ARE planning on attending, please consider wearing an OCDO polo available at our Online Store ( http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry ). In the interest of fairness, I should point out that Mike and I DO get a few bucks to pay toward the hosting bills when you buy OCDO gear :D

[line]
GRPC 2007 is being held on October 5th, 6th, and 7th at the Drawbridge Inn and Convention Center in Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky which is very near the Cincinnati airport.

Scheduled speakers this year include: Alan M. Gottlieb, Joe Tartaro, Wayne LaPierre, John Lott, Massad Ayoob, David Kopel, John Snyder, as well as staff from the Second Amendment Foundation, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, KeepAndBearArms.com, and Gun Owners of America. A number of elected political leaders have been invited as well but it is too early to tell which ones will attend.

Now, for those of you who have never attended a GRPC event, here is the amazing part ... the Second Amendment Foundation will not only pick up the tab for lunch and snacks, but will also provide more than $125 worth of vital pro-gun rights materials to each attendee!!!
Your cost to attend this event is absolutely free! :exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

SAF has negotiated a special discounted room rate for GRPC attendees. Reservations for the special discounted room rate of $69 per night can be made by calling 1-800-354-9793, and telling them you are planning on attending the Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) sponsored by the Second Amendment Foundation.

You can register online at http://saf.org/default.asp?p=GRPC

AbNo

imported post

GRPC?

Glasgow Reformed Presbyterian Church?
Gulf Regional Planning Commission?
Genetic Resources Policy Committee?
Good Riddance Pest Control?
Or maybe Gun Rights Policy Conference?

:p

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Are the OCDO Polos embroidered, or screen printed?

If I went, could I get my first ever experience of Open Carrying while there?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm going!

Since I live in Sincinnati (LOL) and went to the one this past May(?) which was impressive, btw!!), count me in.

Maybe we can do a OC walk in KY or Ohio?

One thing - in KY, one can carry (I believe CC is required) in liquor serving restaurants establishments, so that should be factored in.

If I can help anyone get a "lay of the land" in Cincy/Northern KY, let me know.

bobcat

imported post

OCDO Organizers,

Even though we know KY is a gold star state with OC allowed with legal firearm ownership, the following question seems prudent:

Will OC be 'allowed' by the facilities that the meetings will take place in? Also, it would be helpful to know if there are any other private property restrictions that we should be aware of. If nothing else so my friends and I can take our dollars where they are appreciated...

Also, is there a published schedule of events available somewhere?

Thanks, and see you there.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bobcat wrote:
OCDO Organizers,

Even though we know KY is a gold star state with OC allowed with legal firearm ownership, the following question seems prudent:

Will OC be 'allowed' by the facilities that the meetings will take place in? Also, it would be helpful to know if there are any other private property restrictions that we should be aware of. If nothing else so my friends and I can take our dollars where they are appreciated...

Also, is there a published schedule of events available somewhere?

Thanks, and see you there.

On the money. Thats a long way for me to go. I'm not going to bother, or spend my money, if I can't OC.

IanB

imported post

I will be there, and I plan to OC until told otherwise.

Anyone else from N. VA want to carpool? I don't mind going by myself, but splitting costs on gas and hotel room would make this a cheaper trip all around.

drur

imported post

I will be attending the conference, although I will not get there until Saturday morning.

Anyone seen a premlinary agenda for the event? If so, where?

reefteach

imported post

drur wrote:
I will be attending the conference, although I will not get there until Saturday morning.

Anyone seen a premlinary agenda for the event? If so, where?
In the email today(edited to prevent spam):

Friday, October 5, 20077:00 PM Registration table opens
7:00-10:00 PM Buffet Reception with Cash Bar

Saturday, October 6, 20077:30 AM Registration table opens & Continental Breakfast
8:15 AM Call To Order
12 Noon Awards Lunch
6:30-9:30 PM Reception with Cash Bar

Sunday, October 7, 20078:00 AM Registration table opens & Continental Breakfast
8:50 AM Call To Order
1:00 PM Closing Remarks and Adjournment

If for some reason you can't make it, please email------ so someone can take your place, or so we can save your materials. Also, please feel free to bring your friends and co-workers along (please have them register early so we can prepare in advance, if possible!)

reefteach

imported post

and this (edited not for privacy, but to prevent spam):

Dear GRPC Attendees,

One of our participating organizations, the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, will be sponsoring a FREE day (Friday, October 5[suP]th[/suP]) of shooting muzzle-loading rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Also, enjoy long-range blackpowder cartridge guns. Bus transportation to the range, as well as a lunch, is included. Bus will leave from main lobby of the Drawbridge Inn at 11:30 A.M. and will return by 5:30 P.M

You must *separately* register for this event, no later than October 1, 2007. Reservations are required for both the bus and the range day.

Provide the following information to register:

Name: ______________________________________E-mail:_________________________________

? Yes, I will be attending the NMLRA Range Day.

? I will need shuttle service to and from the hotel.

? I will provide my own transportation for Range Day.

Reply to ____@____ or fax your reservation to 812-5555555 Attention: Jim Fulmer

Do not reply to this message to make a reservation! You must contact Jim Fulmer to register.

I have attached their pdf flyer with additional details.

Start off the GRPC with a BANG!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

2 REMINDERS:

1. When you check into the hotel, carry concealed - once you are a registered guest, it is arguably a breach of contract to evict you for legal conduct not explicitly banned by the room contract.

2. Carry generally is apparently prohibited by KY's cryptic statutesin the alcohol serving area of restaurants and other venues - so bring a safe or somthing to secure your guns during all the receptions - no carry in the reception areas.

reefteach

imported post

Mike wrote:
2 REMINDERS:

1. When you check into the hotel, carry concealed - once you are a registered guest, it is arguably a breach of contract to evict you for legal conduct not explicitly banned by the room contract.

2. Carry generally is apparently prohibited by KY's cryptic statutesin the alcohol serving area of restaurants and other venues - so bring a safe or somthing to secure your guns during all the receptions - no carry in the reception areas.

I plan on attending, while open carrying, without checking in (to the hotel).

Would carrying empty in a locked container per Federal transport laws be acceptable for receptions? I.E.- Place empty firearm in locked case kept on hand or in a briefcase. It would just make me really paranoid to open carry all day, then go out to my car and come back unarmed. Doesn't take a genious to figure out where the gun is.

Maybe I just shouldn't go to the reception.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I was there Friday and Saturday, and will return on Sunday.

Look for a ruggedly handsome guy, 6' 9", that will be me.

Say hello!