• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyplace You Decided Not To Carry, Even If You Could?

Is there any place you don't carry because you choose not to carry there?

• No, I carry everywhere I can legally/within policy--all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I carry everywhere I can legally/within policy--most of the time.

• No, I carry everywhere I can. Period. Always.

• No, I carry everywhere I can. Period. Most of the time.

• Yes, there is one place I could carry legally/within policy, but I've decided not to.

• Yes, there are a few places I could carry legally/within policy, but I've decided not to.

• Yes, there are a several places I could carry legally/within policy, but I've decided not to.

• Total voters

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

This non-carry zone would not be a place where you are legallyprohibited from doing so (i.e, government building, courthouse). Nor a place where you areprevented from doing so by policy (i.e., "No OC" at a mall or"No CC" ata gun shop)

What this poll is about is to identify places where you choose not to carry, but where you could if you wished. You just have a personal reason for not carrying there. It's your own decision. Like, maybe, a church (in a state which allows church carry). Perhaps you just decide on your own that you will voluntarily not carry there.

Another example might be the house of some family member. Maybe, when you go visit your mom, aunt Minnie, or your son's home, you might decide not to carry at their home--for your personal reason(s). A final example might be a meditation class. You could carry there, but you simply decide not to.

Or maybe there is an place where you just don't think it's right to carry (i.e., an organized peewee football game. Or a Million Mom March meeting. Again, these are places where you could carry if you desired, but you have your own policy against it.

FiremanJoe

imported post

Sometimes when shopping, while working, for the job, see it as a extension as being on the clock... Not to say tho it's not readily available as I travel tho.

Tomahawk

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Yeah, my apartment's pool.

What kind of useless openended question/scenario is this? Oh, that's right, a HankT question.
nod.gif

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Hank, how are you going to vote in your own poll if you don't put
"Yes, I could carry but have chosen not to, anywhere "

:lol::p:lol:

Da*n,...

Hank is delivering his A** on a silver Plater.

I can FEEL the love on this Thread:lol:

glocknroll

imported post

Damn guys. Give the man a break. He just asked a legitimate question. It seems he is just trying to determine what the mindset of some people is. The only other thing I would have asked is for anyone to explain why they choose not to carry in a given location.

AbNo

imported post

Oddly enough, I don't carry at the Rockingham CoOp.

I don't know... it just seems.... rude.

I know it's weird. I know most (if not all) the people that work there are carrying....

I know I've bought three guns there this year.

I.... really can't explain it. :?

glocknroll

imported post

It just dawned on me that my answer is not completely truthful I voted #3,"always, period". But I don't carry when I am in the pool with my kids, although, at minimum, a J frame Smith is stashed somewhere close at hand. I also don't carry in the shower. My brand new DeSantis pocket holster just came in from MidwayUSA today, so the Centennial I carry at home gets a reprieve from the old Uncle Mike's pocket holster I was using.

AbNo

imported post

Actually.... Though it was not his intention, this could lead to a bit of intellectual discussion on the whys and hows of carrying.

Again, I'm going to presume that was far outside the scope of Hank's intent, but that doesn't mean that we can't make something better of what he's put up.

That's how I handled it above.

glocknroll

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Actually.... Though it was not his intention, this could lead to a bit of intellectual discussion on the whys and hows of carrying.

Again, I'm going to presume that was far outside the scope of Hank's intent, but that doesn't mean that we can't make something better of what he's put up.

I'm not so sure that wasn't his intention. I don't always agree with the position Hank takes on the issues, but I think he sometimes plays the Devil's Advocate just to stir the pot.

glocknroll

imported post

AbNo wrote:

I know it's weird. I know most (if not all) the people that work there are carrying....

I spend as much time in the Valley as I can, but I've never heard of the Rockingham Co-op. Could you enilghten me, please?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

glocknroll wrote:
AbNo wrote:

I'm not so sure that wasn't his intention. I don't always agree with the position Hank takes on the issues, but I think he sometimes plays the Devil's Advocate just to stir the pot.

Stirring the Pot gets alot of times the Best result, cuz People show their true Color:lol:

gregma

imported post

I open carry everywhere I legally can. If someplace doesn't want me in there with my firearm openly carried I choose not to go there. I will hide my firearm for no one!

Sitrep

imported post

I dont carry in my shower nor while swiming at the beach. But anywhere that it doesn't significantly inconvienience me, and isn't disallowed, I feel fine about carrying.
I have no qualms about carrying in church, I don't understand why that is illegal in some states. Does being at church override your normal thought process and cause you to want to send people to meet god or something?
I carry at my sisters house, if she asked me to conceal or not carry I'd respect that, but she has never given me an impression that it bothers her.
I don't carry when I work out, but thats just cause my gun is heavy enough that my sweatpants would fall down, and no one wants that to happen.:shock:

AbNo

imported post

glocknroll wrote:
AbNo wrote:

I spend as much time in the Valley as I can, but I've never heard of the Rockingham Co-op. Could you enilghten me, please?

It's a farm supply, hardware, and sporting goods store in Harrisonburg on Grace Street, between 42 and 11.

The prices are fairly reasonable compared to other places in the area. Except for FFL transfers, they jumped to $40 recently.