Thread: Daughter Joined the Army!

Post imported post

Talk about a shock (The good kind), I hear though the rumor mill that my 23 year old had joined the Army so I make some calls to confirm what I had heard.
    Now at this point in time She had said nothing to us but had planed on surprising us this Sunday with a dinner and movie then springing it on the two of us. Found that part out when I asked her her turn out date, after skirting the issue she finally admitted she had indeed done so.
    Now I think the is a great thing, but the wife is a bit nervous, N Dad gets to move out a kid, and does not have to go the expense of a wedding to accomplish it, she will learn to become a Adult, and leader. After completing officer basic training, she is automatically upgraded to a E4 so this sounds real good, for her and Mom and Dad, I'm so proud!

Post imported post

Congratulations, and wish her good luck.

Post imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
    Congratulations, and wish her good luck.
    Congrats to the proud pop!

:celebrate

Post imported post

If you have the means, give her a two- or four-daypractical rifle course at Front Sight Institute. See www.frontsight.com for details. They're near Las Vegas, and I admit, I have only seen their promotional DVD, but they have testimonials from Marine snipers that this is the bestfirearms training they have ever had.

I am taking their handgun course when I get back to the States.

God bless and best wishes.

State Researcher

Post imported post

XD Owner is right about Front Sight. Simply the best professional, useful rifle course you can take.

Front Sight is a great way of telling your daughter that you love her and it's helping her protect herself as well as those fellow soldiers around her.

I've been to the 2-day M4 (full-auto) course, and the 4-day practical rifle course... I'd recommend the 4-day practical rifle... you engage from 1-200 yards primarily, and practical really means practical distances. It would serve her well to take the course.

Another tip, don't pay full price... get what's called a "certificate" for her first course... it should only set you back $2-400, it's ONLY good for a first-timer.
    PM me if you want to know more.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Good news -- congrats!

Post imported post

Actually she has her CCW and is a life NRA member, and is no stranger to guns