• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confrontation at Siegen Academy

Carondalet

imported post

I'm over it! I consider myself an OC veteran, now. Shopped for awhile, was approached by manager, with flunkie next to him who turned me in. Told me they don't even allow people to bring rifles in to have scopes mounted. After answering that I am not LEO, he wanted to see permit. I said not required for OC. I sensed where this was going and showed it to him anyway, and he was satisfied and basically said have a nice day.

CrashVector

imported post

YOu said you sensed where it was going and showed something to him.

What did you show him...your CCW permit?

Did he then ask you to leave?

CrashVector

imported post

So...wait:

You were OC-ing, and they wanted to see your CCW permit?

I'm not questioning YOU....I'm questioning THEM. In their mind it was okay to open carry if you had a concealed carry permit or something?

joeroket

imported post

You have to remember that to the majority of people a CCW is not a permit to conceal but a permit to carry. I think that it was a good step to show him the permit. You had a gut feeling and went with it. Nice job.