Thread: Colorado Open Carry

Post imported post

I have a few questions about open carry in CO that I have not been able to find answers to.

1: Where can I find a detailed map of the Denver border? Mapquest, Google maps etc. have not been much use.

2: Where can I find a detailed, easy to understand list of where it is illiegal to open carry? Schools, gov. buildings are obvious, but what about bars, or resaurants that sell alcohol?

Any help woul be appreciated.

Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Denver's county limits are pretty clear, mostly being roads:

As for "other prohibited places," the only places all carry is always prohibited are government buildings with security equipment and K-12 schools. Aside from those places, all locations that are owned publicly must be clearly posted as no-carry in order to outlaw open carry. Private property owners who wish to prohibit either concealed or open carry can post it, but they carry no validity in terms of law; if they tell you to leave because you're carrying and you don't, it's trespassing, but no locations like bars, etc, are invalid by law.

Post imported post

Thanks Denwego, thats pretty much what I was looking for. In related news, I picked up my CWP yesterday, so no more having to stop carrying at Denver, I just have to cover up. This is great, because I work in Denver.