• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Open Carry

FogRider

imported post

I have a few questions about open carry in CO that I have not been able to find answers to.

1: Where can I find a detailed map of the Denver border? Mapquest, Google maps etc. have not been much use.

2: Where can I find a detailed, easy to understand list of where it is illiegal to open carry? Schools, gov. buildings are obvious, but what about bars, or resaurants that sell alcohol?

Any help woul be appreciated.

denwego

imported post

Denver's county limits are pretty clear, mostly being roads:

dn.gif

As for "other prohibited places," the only places all carry is always prohibited are government buildings with security equipment and K-12 schools. Aside from those places, all locations that are owned publicly must be clearly posted as no-carry in order to outlaw open carry. Private property owners who wish to prohibit either concealed or open carry can post it, but they carry no validity in terms of law; if they tell you to leave because you're carrying and you don't, it's trespassing, but no locations like bars, etc, are invalid by law.

FogRider

imported post

Thanks Denwego, thats pretty much what I was looking for. In related news, I picked up my CWP yesterday, so no more having to stop carrying at Denver, I just have to cover up. This is great, because I work in Denver.