• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 27 , SA XD40SC , Taurus CIA, or Kel-tec P3AT

AbNo

imported post

G27 wrote:
I have a Glock 27. While it's concealable and very light way, I will admit I do have a problem hitting targets a bit far out. I am sure with more practice I will have no problems hitting a good grouping at 25 yards. But then again, God forbid you ever need to use your pistol, do you think you'll have the luck of being that far? If so, run! :D

Advice given to me: Start at 10 yards until you get *really* nice at that distance.

Then 15, then 20, 25, until it starts getting into Longarm range. :D

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Started breaking in the Kel-tec! w00t! Shot 100 rounds of cheapo walmart winchester ammo last night in her, not a single stovepipe, FTE, or FTF. My hands a little sore, but I have to admit, I do enjoy shooting it.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

hlh wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Started breaking in the Kel-tec! w00t! Shot 100 rounds of cheapo walmart winchester ammo last night in her, not a single stovepipe, FTE, or FTF. My hands a little sore, but I have to admit, I do enjoy shooting it.
It kicks like a mule! It's not really meant to be comfortable enoughto be shot too many times in a row.
Haha yeah. It was quite funny to see the look on my range buddies face,...Hes got alot to learn (as do I .) . He had been joking on the compact size and etc the whole way up to the range, but his tune changed after he ran a mag through it.

AbNo

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
I'm looking forward to the city council meeting. They picked a hell of a day

I wonder if they even realize it.

Anyone want to hand out JJBag and Ammo Day Flyers at/after the meeting? :celebrate

Skuggi

imported post

Skipped over some of the replies. I'll just say the most comfortable and secure setup I now use daily.

XD-45 Service in a CQC Blackhawk Serpa Holster which I have the paddle installed on right now, also comes with a belt loop.

If you look at it's real name and specificaions under the HS2000 it's the only pistol your gonna see around here rated at 3m under water also the reason the guide rod sticks out is it prevents an out of battery if your gun has to have contact on a person so that it'll still fire.

AbNo

imported post

Skuggi, I believe the listed reason for that when it was the 2000 was "for shooting someone when the pistol is pressed into their back" or some similar wording. :D

Speaking of XD's, I think mine needs to go to the range...