• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CZ guys?

glocknroll

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Anybody? I currently OC my beloved CZ40P...

Why?

Spot-on accuracy, reliable. Was very affordable...

It doesn't quite qualify, but during the Clinton gun ban era I bought an EAA Witness, essentially the same pistol as a CZ75. I wanted a CZ75B, but I found that even during the ban high cap mags for the Witness were readily available,and much less expensive than CZ mags. Still want that CZ75, though............

edited for spelling

SFDoc

imported post

I currently own 2. One is a Model29 and the other is a Model 70 both in 7.65 (.32 cal.) As the story goes, the M29 was liberated from a SS officer during the Battle of the Bulge by a family member, still has the German markings on it. The M70 I picked up a year or two ago, from a guy that was down on his luck. Both are great shooters.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I don't own one but I highly approve of the CZ75 design. I like the ability to carry 'cocked and locked' with them as well as the ergonomics of them.

Deacon Blues

imported post

I have had a CZ75 PCR on backorder for a bit now. Whenever it gets here, it will be my EDC. CZ makes fantastic guns; it still amazes me how many people have never heard of them. I guess Jeff Cooper was a bit more vocal about the 1911, but he had a lot of good things to say about the CZ75.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Their only major flaw is a lack of real estate to grab the slide for reloads. I'd still carry one though.

MITCH

imported post

I own three. A model 29 since 1953, and more recent a model 75B that's had a lot or rounds through it with never a miss-fire. As a result of my previous experience I just purchased a model 2075 (Rami) for cc. Both the 75B and 2075 are in 9mm.

Of the approximately 22+ handguns I've owned, they are among the top 6 or 7 in my list of favorites.

Mitch

Ghettokracker71

imported post

MITCH wrote:
I own three. A model 29 since 1953, and more recent a model 75B that's had a lot or rounds through it with never a miss-fire. As a result of my previous experience I just purchased a model 2075 (Rami) for cc. Both the 75B and 2075 are in 9mm.

Of the approximately 22+ handguns I've owned, they are among the top 6 or 7 in my list of favorites.

Mitch
HOw do you like the Rami? Thats the only one I'm iffy about b/c I've heard mixed reviews. My next CZ will be a p01...

MITCH

imported post

So far I'm very pleased with the Rami. It has the same quality workmanship as the 75B, it's light weight, andconceals well. I haven't had it long enough to put many rounds through it, but what I have shot with it at the range leads me to believe it will perform as well or better than anything else I own. Bottom line.........I sold a newKel-tec at a loss to buy the Rami and don't regret it.

Mitch

Ghettokracker71

imported post

MITCH wrote:
So far I'm very pleased with the Rami. It has the same quality workmanship as the 75B, it's light weight, andconceals well. I haven't had it long enough to put many rounds through it, but what I have shot with it at the range leads me to believe it will perform as well or better than anything else I own. Bottom line.........I sold a newKel-tec at a loss to buy the Rami and don't regret it.

Mitch
oh noes! my CZs new stable mate as of yesterday is a Kel-tec...I hope I don't regret buying this peice:banghead:

MITCH

imported post

The only reason I sold the Kel-tec is a personal one. I lost a portion of the index finger on my right hand. The doctor was an idiot in spite of the list of degrees displayed on this wall. End result is that that portion of my finger does not have a great deal of "padding" (flesh) covering the remaining bone. Thus, the double action only of the Kel-tech was very unconfortable. For whatever reason, lighter trigger pull, etc. I don't have a problem with the Rami.

Sorry if this is more information than you needed.

Mitch

Ghettokracker71

imported post

MITCH wrote:
The only reason I sold the Kel-tec is a personal one. I lost a portion of the index finger on my right hand. The doctor was an idiot in spite of the list of degrees displayed on this wall. End result is that that portion of my finger does not have a great deal of "padding" (flesh) covering the remaining bone. Thus, the double action only of the Kel-tech was very unconfortable. For whatever reason, lighter trigger pull, etc. I don't have a problem with the Rami.

Sorry if this is more information than you needed.

Mitch
Wow. Thanks, I hope your hand is okay, I'm not easily offended. I am 21 years old and have 4 pins in my back,and 3 pins in my knee..so I can say I understand things due to health/health conditions.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

So I'm selling my CZ. It all of the sudden started having FTF problems, my rangemaster suggeste stretching the mag springs out,and trying different mags. Tryed both of those,and I can't even get a round to load while racking the slide to place a round in the chamber!? I personally have a problem trusting a firearm that went from perfectly reliable, to completely unreliable jam-o-matic. I'll miss her, but time to trade her in on an XD

It-be-loaded

imported post

My Rami 9mm has been flawless, but I keep going back to my one of my XD's for carry. Bought the 4" service first liked it so much, 2 weeks later bought theSubC in 9mm of course.

Deacon Blues

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
So I'm selling my CZ... I personally have a problem trusting a firearm that went from perfectly reliable, to completely unreliable jam-o-matic.
Don't give up on the CZ yet! I'm betting that the problem is in the magazines. Do you have factory mags? Stretching the springs actually makes them more prone to failure, although it can be a very short-term (and free) solution if your life doesn't depend on it. Have you by any chance changed the recoil spring lately? A lot of FTFs are caused by the mag spring not being able to keep up with the recoil spring. A newer or heavier recoil spring will provide quite a challenge for an old, worn-out mag spring. Personally, I would take them apart, clean them thoroughly (and look for rust), give them a light coating of oil, and then test it. Use your thumb to feel how much pressure is on the follower as you manually empty the magazine. Any decent manufacturer will take a defective magazine back for service or replacement.

If you're determined to sell the gun, might I suggest getting a new CZ-75 Compact to replace it? If you don't mind 9mm, the PCR is my personal favorite. They're all great guns; the 40P is the only CZ I've ever heard of developing FTF problems.

BTW, a lot of people are using newer 75 Compact mags on their 40Ps with great results.

MITCH

imported post

Sorry to hear your having a problem with your CZ. I've put approximately 2,500-3,000 rounds through my CZ75B and a few hundred through the Rami without a single FTF.

You may wish to contact CZ America to solve the problem, or, perhaps the mags your using are not factory originals?

Every new CZ comes with 2 mags. Having 2 bad new mags would seem to be unusual!

Any way....good luck

Mitch

MITCH

imported post

Has anyone suggested sending it back to the factory? I've found CZ to be very receptive to solving problems.

I can't believe that with their "push" to enter the US market that they would ignore your problem, and if they do they are going to have a lot of pissed off gun owners changing brands:cuss:

Again, good luck....don't give up.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Thanks for the replies. I have not sent in my warrenty information, nor did I buy the gun orginally. Does that matter? I did get it from a private party. The firearm had never been discharged before. How do I ship it out? ...My biggest concern, what do I carry in the mean time:uhoh: