• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CZ guys?

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Anybody? I currently OC my beloved CZ40P...

Why?

Spot-on accuracy, reliable. Was very affordable...
define "affordable"? My Glock 19 was $485
Yeah,I paid under 300 for mine. As a 21 year old with a beautiful two story home(owner,was appraised back in feburary at $275K.) sitting on an acre of land, college student, owner of a 2000 Acura,1991 Nissan, and 2007 Hyundai (forgot the liens on these cars,how about the insurance?), and also heavily supporting my 19 year old student fiancee, I think I have a bit of a budget. Most people my age are still living with mommy and daddy, I've been living the american dream since I was 18, by comparison.

p.s. find me a glock in my area for that cheap, besides the fact I have no desire to own a Glock. My next peice will be a SA XD40, or a Kel-tec Pf9.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Anybody? I currently OC my beloved CZ40P...

Why?

Spot-on accuracy, reliable. Was very affordable...
define "affordable"? My Glock 19 was $485
Yeah,I paid under 300 for mine. As a 21 year old with a beautiful two story home(owner,was appraised back in feburary at $275K.) sitting on an acre of land, college student, owner of a 2000 Acura,1991 Nissan, and 2007 Hyundai (forgot the liens on these cars,how about the insurance?), and also heavily supporting my 19 year old student fiancee, I think I have a bit of a budget. Most people my age are still living with mommy and daddy, I've been living the american dream since I was 18, by comparison.

p.s. find me a glock in my area for that cheap, besides the fact I have no desire to own a Glock. My next peice will be a SA XD40, or a Kel-tec Pf9.

MSRP for a G19 is about $450.. my was brand-spakin' new with 2 factory 15round mags.

go to www.topglock.com

Glock 19 Compact / 9mm / 2 High Capacity Magazines / Fixed Sights
*Includes FREE shipping and a Genuine Glock 1 Pistol Range Bag $499

Ghettokracker71

imported post

499$? Hmm,you keep going up in price. Besides that aint local:p.

Last time I shot a Glock it actually choked on almost every round,and I tried a couple different loads in it.

glocknroll

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:

Last time I shot a Glock it actually choked on almost every round,and I tried a couple different loads in it.
Limp wristin' it? Mine work 1oo% with everything I feed 'em.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:

The $485 was what I payed in my local city, the $499 price is off a website and includes shipping.. you're nitpicking about $14? Come on dude.. call a gun shop in your town and see if they have one.

--

last time you shot it the weapon choked? You are either using crappy underpowered ammo, the weapon was dirty and had powder deposits in the action or slide rail, you're female and can't hold it tight enough, or you're male and can't hold it tight enough. Regardless, IF you don't squeeze a glock tight when you fire it, you WILL get stove piped rounds, or the weapon will not return battery.

it could be that someone had been manually loading single rounds into the chamber without a magazine and then dropping the slide. This causes the extractor claw to jump over the ridge on the shell and can cause damage over time.

Holdyour guntighter and clean it every time you shoot it.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:

The $485 was what I payed in my local city, the $499 price is off a website and includes shipping.. you're nitpicking about $14? Come on dude.. call a gun shop in your town and see if they have one.

--

last time you shot it the weapon choked? You are either using crappy underpowered ammo, the weapon was dirty and had powder deposits in the action or slide rail, you're female and can't hold it tight enough, or you're male and can't hold it tight enough. Regardless, IF you don't squeeze a glock tight when you fire it, you WILL get stove piped rounds, or the weapon will not return battery.

it could be that someone had been manually loading single rounds into the chamber without a magazine and then dropping the slide. This causes the extractor claw to jump over the ridge on the shell and can cause damage over time.

Holdyour guntighter and clean it every time you shoot it.
Not my weapon. As I've stated many times, no interest in a Glock nor do I own one,as my 220$ Kel-tec has proven more reliable than friends Glocks that I personally have cleaned(sometimes...their lazy,lol).,and and I also said,I wasn't the only one shooting it and having trouble. I'm pretty sure a group of full grown men(most of wich w do manual labor for a living....me being the exception) can hold it tight enough. ...Either way,its sold now. I don't miss it. We tried Speer Gold dot, I don't really remeber what other ammo was tryed. I think Glocks for the most part,are the most reliable weapons you can get your hands on though. Don't get me wrong,I am just pointing out even peoples beloved Glocks aren't perfect,even if they are the best....If given a choice between a sig and glock,I can't lie I'd be rocking a safety action trigger....IIRC when I tryed to shoot it, I loaded the mag, racked the slide to chamber a round,then putanother in the mag.

retgarr

imported post

I own a cz-75 semicompact and love it. Somewhere over $1000 rounds through it and never had a problem (it's almost getting boring). My AK has had more failures (1). It is small enough for me to carry in most of my clothes.

ffr1910

imported post

If you want a very affordable CZ, the CZ-82s are selling for $199 in many
places if you have a C+R license. shoots the 9mm mak cartridge abd has polygonarifling like the glocks. i love mineand will carry as soon as i get a holster.

ffr1910

Particle

imported post

:) We apparently have some die-hard Glock zealots here.

I don't think anyone is saying that Glocks aren't good. It's just that some of us realize that there are others that are every bit as good or better out there. I wouldn't probably ever buy a Glock, but that doesn't mean I don't like them. I've used a Glock 19 and a Glock 23 a lot...and I like the G19 just fine. The G23 wouldn't ever hit what I was aiming at and felt like it had more recoil than a .45 ACP, but I don't really blame the gun. It just isn't for me.

I would rather have a Beretta 92F, any Sig, any number of 1911s, or a CZ75 model.

MITCH

imported post

Try one, you might like it. I have a CZ 75B and a CZ Rami that I've put several hundred rounds thru. My only complaint is that the Rami is a bit large for IWB carry.

wvshooter

imported post

I have a 75 BD which I bought about two months ago. It is a top drawer combat handgun. It weighs about 32oz. That's why I carry my 16oz Kahr CW9 instead. I did try to carry my SW Sigma 40ve in an IWB Don Hume. It hides well and yes, I can carry it all day but there's nothing as comfortable as my Kahr.

Michigander

imported post

I carry my CZ52 in rural areas where I want both extended range and the ability to crack a black bears skull. I also OC'd it in detroit several times on a construction site on account of gangs. I figured some of them might have had on kevlar.