• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Firearms discharge ban continues

xmirage2kx

imported post

Post or PM me what days and times are good and we can set something up. I haven’t gotten to shoot in over 2 weeks now, and I think my gun is getting sad.

Fridays and saturdays are usually best for me.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
Post or PM me what days and times are good and we can set something up. I haven’t gotten to shoot in over 2 weeks now, and I think my gun is getting sad.
OOOOOooooooooohhhhhhh...:(

alts

imported post

I too called Utah County Sheriff dept on Saturday, as well as Juab County, Tooele County, even Elko County in NV - all with the same responses - ban in effect! I'm eager to squeeze off some roundsoutside of the confines of agun range.

Not that I'd voilate, but what exactly are the potential penalties for disregarding this temporary firearms discharge ban?

xmirage2kx

imported post

alts wrote:
I too called Utah County Sheriff dept on Saturday, as well as Juab County, Tooele County, even Elko County in NV - all with the same responses - ban in effect! I'm eager to squeeze off some roundsoutside of the confines of agun range.

Not that I'd voilate, but what exactly are the potential penalties for disregarding this temporary firearms discharge ban?
Tooele said they have a ban in effect?

alts

imported post

Yes on Saturday 11th Toole Sherriff's dept said ban in effect. Did you learn otherwise?

xmirage2kx

imported post

On the 9thor10th I was told they didn’t have the same ban Utah county has. I will have to look into this. I will post my results tomorrow, with a stating authority so if you do get hassled you can tell them who said it was OK (assuming it still is ok). My understanding is they will just give you a warning the first time if they do catch you shooting.

alts

imported post

I just got off the phone with Tooele again. Once again, ban in effect. I would send an email or similar written correpondence to the authority that tells anyone otherwise (AND SAVE THEIR REPLY IF IT SAYS NO BAN). If/when you are asking a prosecutor/judge to dismiss a firearms discharging citation, that will carry more weight than a name from a phone call.

b1ack5mith

imported post

HAHA my gun hasnt been shot by me EVER! yes its a 22 rifle, but still will be fun!

SGT J just came by a few mins ago, and we talked about how we all need to meet up and go shootin! so im pretty much open any time, all you guys gotta do is post when you are available and we can all agree on a day :) when are you guys available? and where do you live, xmirage?

gmdfunk

imported post

to whom does one complain about this ban being continued so long? Who needs to know we are upset? I want to write a letter, or make a phone call or something, but I dont know who in utah county to do it to.

People can call the sheriff all they want and it wont make a difference, they are just enforcing the ban, they cant end it.

bobcat

imported post

Go to the source. The county commissioners who placed the ban. Start with meeting /calling your commissioner and then get on the agenda at the next weekly(?) meeting. Be ready with some basic facts and politely put them on the spot if necessary.

Just a suggestion.