Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is BobCav?

Post imported post

I went away for a few weeks, a week at scout camp, a week at a family reunion, and a couple of weeks in Wyoming and I come back and the man who was always here is gone.

Where is BobCav?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

He's around, and will probably respond. Started his own business, so I imagine it keeps him very busy.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    He's around, and will probably respond. Started his own business, so I imagine it keeps him very busy.
    Thanks Tess.

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    ... and the man who was always here is gone.

Where is BobCav?

I think BobCav has been pulling back from his usually heavy Internet time. He used to spend a lot of time at THR but quit that forum abruptly severalweeks ago. He was ticked about how THR was being run. Bob thought that THR could have been "more organized, more efficient and more friendly." Bob thought that the modswere too hard on deleting,locking, and moderating threads on the basis of contended "flaming." Bob, rightfully pointed out there is "a huge difference between flaming and a heated, passionate debate. Nothing worthy ever gets done that isn't done with passion."

Bobeven complained about theTHRmods censoring/deleting his posts. He didn't like that.

He seemsto have been busy with his new business, according to his profile. He even took off theIgnoring HankT reference he used forhis location.But I really haven't noticed him posting since the big flareup when he posted the geo-coordinates of an OCDO member's IP. Then someone took Bob's geo-coordinates andposted the Mapquest street map for the member's IP location. Not cool, and someone (other than me) told Bob so. This is not the first time Bob has usedmember IPaddy info for his personalpurposes. So, it is decidedly not cool.

Somehow, Bob changed his mind and removed the member's geo-coordinates and map from his and another's posts. He wasn't too apologetic (or happy) when he last posted in that thread.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3730-3.html

MaybeBob is miffed anddidn't want anyone to point out some criticisms of him as a moderator in the same way he insisted on doing himself over at THR? I know I did question him about his deleting of about 50 of my posts several weeks ago. No response, no reason, no nothing from Bob. He just deleted them.

Oh, yeah. When Bob was announcing his departure from THR, he came up with a dynamite line: I look at any infringement on my 1A rights with equal disdain as I do any infringement on my 2A rights.

ThenBob left in huff. Maybe he's doing the same thing here? He is kind of volatile about things at times...

Nah. He'll probably be back.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Wow, obsession much? You're so emo.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Success to Bob and his new business, and may he soon return to grace these forums,say I!

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

Anyone know anything about his new business?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Wow, obsession much? You're so emo.
    So true.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Anyone know anything about his new business?
    Check his profile for a link to his web page. I saw it was there, but didn't visit.

Or you could PM him, I'm sure.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

What the hell?

Work from home scam? That can't be right...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

State Researcher

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    What the hell?

Exactly what I thought -- Looks like an infomercial...

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    AbNo wrote:
    What the hell?

Exactly what I thought -- Looks like an infomercial...
    Looks like a bit of a joke to me.

Post imported post

Bob is a great guy...honest, straight forward, and willing to stand up for what's right. I, for one, am glad that Bob is on our side and will not call his business a 'work from home scam' or an 'infomercial' or a 'joke'.

What is being done now appears to be the biginning of direct insults.

What Bob chooses to do with his free time is his business and noone elses. I've known people that have started their own business, both traditional and these 'work from home' type businesses (or scams as one of you might put it). I have also known people that have failed and succeeded at both.

Before you go on judging someone for wanting more out of life, you should take stock in your own life and be glad that you have what you do have and begin thinking about how you can make a difference in your own life plus those lives of other people.

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    What Bob chooses to do with his free time is his business and noone elses. I've known people that have started their own business, both traditional and these 'work from home' type businesses (or scams as one of you might put it). I have also known people that have failed and succeeded at both.
    Agreed. BobCav hasa right to embark upon any kind of business. This is America. That's what we do here. One man's dream is his own. How he gets to accomplish it, or try to, is his own affair. Good luck and best wishes to the man, I say.

That said, I'm not sureAbNo, openryan or Lew meant to deprecate what Bob's business might be. I kind of doubt it.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    vrwmiller wrote:
    Agreed. BobCav hasa right to embark upon any kind of business. This is America. That's what we do here. One man's dream is his own. How he gets to accomplish it, or try to, is his own affair. Good luck and best wishes to the man, I say.

That said, I'm not sureAbNo, openryan or Lew meant to deprecate what Bob's business might be. I kind of doubt it.

I was just wondering where BobCav was. I think I now know. I was not asking for indictments or a critique on the man.

His service to this site and others speaks for its self.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    I was just wondering where BobCav was. I think I now know. I was not asking for indictments or a critique on the man.

Amen.
    But... consider your post also exposed a cyber-stalker amounst us. That's a unintended favor you've done for society

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.
    But... consider your post also exposed a cyber-stalker amounst us. That's a unintended favor you've done for society
    True.

I guess he never read Proverbs 17:28

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.
    But... a cyber-stalker amounst us.
    Yep. I agree. And the guy even admitted it:

"I have already said I was trying to track Hank online, so I have only been caught doing that which I have already stated I was doing!!"

BobCav, 6-22-07

State Researcher

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.

"I have already said I was trying to track Hank online, so I have only been caught doing that which I have already stated I was doing!!"

BobCav, 6-22-07
    And if you were 'tracked' what was the next move? I mean just to see where you live, or to come over and uh... take you out to lunch?

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.

BobCav, 6-22-07
    And if you were 'tracked' what was the next move? I mean just to see where you live, or to come over and uh... take you out to lunch?
    I don't really know.

I do know that Bob told me that he wastracking my logins and was deducing from them where I might be located. It had something to do with his "Hunt",as he called it. And his Does HankT Actually OC? thread.

Seemed kind of odd to me that he'd go to such effort. But then againherecently post some member's IP geocoordinates. He tracked it down. He knows that stuff. He told me that heused to be"a fairly good hacker" in hisheyday on the Internet.

Who knows why? Maybe Pa.Patriot can opine on your question, openryan. PP knows about the cyber-stalking stuff, it seems.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    I don't really know.

I do know that Bob told me that he wastracking my logins and was deducing from them where I might be located. It had something to do with his "Hunt",as he called it. And his Does HankT Actually OC? thread.

Seemed kind of odd to me that he'd go to such effort. But then againherecently post some member's IP geocoordinates. He tracked it down. He knows that stuff. He told me that heused to be"a fairly good hacker" in hisheyday on the Internet.

Who knows why? Maybe Pa.Patriot can opine on your question, openryan. PP knows about the cyber-stalking stuff, it seems.
    Just like Hankey to play stupid.

You asked s...
    Bobcav has an interest in tracking your IP's so he can BAN you due to trolling and inappropriate postings.
    This involves looking at server logs for this site.

You seem to have taken a personal interest in Bob's duties to manage the board and as such have been tracking him on other boards. tsk tsk. Probably a lot more "effort" involved there, but I digress.

Had you not pegged yourself as a troll or an infiltrator you would not have this problem.

So turn it around on us, we're used to it. It's REALLY old now.
    (I stole the cascading letters idea from Hankey)

Post imported post

Memo to HankT: Nobody is "tracking" you. Give up trying to garner sympathy here, you won't find it.

Bob is not a "hacker", and I'd love to see where he wrote that he is one. Last I heard he was in the business of quality control and safety. Far stretch from bits and bytes.

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    I don't really know.

You asked s...
    Bobcav has an interest in tracking your IP's so he can BAN you due to trolling and inappropriate postings.
    This involves looking at server logs for this site.

You seem to have taken a personal interest in Bob's duties to manage the board and as such have been tracking him on other boards. tsk tsk.
    I dunno. Bob and I were chatting about censorship and he told me how he didn't like it either. He told me of his troubles with how TheHighRoad handled things. Bob said they were "too big for their britches" over there, what with their thread deleting and editiing and censorship. I've been on THR for a couple of years. I don't see it the same as Bob does. But I do agree with him that censorship and heavy-handed moderating is bad. That's why I was surprised when he deleted about 50 of my posts one night, about 5 weeks ago. I askedhim if he'd done it but he never replied.

In any case, it was no effort to "track" Bob's posts over no THR. I was there anyway, and they just appear on the screen. It's like when you read my posts (didn't you once say you were ignoring my posts?), are you "tracking them?"

I don't think so.

P.S. Glad you like the cascading letters bit.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hey guys. First, my apologies for not being around.

Folks, I haven't "cyberstalked" anyone. That would be with criminal intent.The only reason to I wanted to know HankT's location wasto ascertain whether he COULD OC or not. Nothing more, nothing less. I harbor no ill will toward anyone andI don't need to cyberstalk anyone. To be completely honest, I really don't care one way or the other there's much more important things to worry about.

Yes, I've been extremely busy with my new home business, about 8+ hours a night after work in training and business building. Yes it's legit and the system and advertising are hard at work weeding out those that aren't serious. It's completely intentional, I can tell you that!

ME? I've made over $2k this month so far part-time,am still in training, the business is growing extremely fast and I get a couple hours personal training every week from a high ranking guy in the business that clears 6 figures every month. Personal training from a millionaire who made it in 9 years and isteaching mehow to do exactly what he did. Can't get that in any college I know of! It's a 3.6 Billion dollar a year company that is growing exponentially, does business in 65 countries and is expected to be making 5 Billion a year in the next 36 months.I'm hopping on right now.

Flying to Boston in a couple weeks for more training, and I'll be in Long Beach, CA in a couple months for even more.

Read "The Next Trillion" by Paul Zane Pilzer, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and "Retire Young, Retire Rich" by Robert T. Kiyosaki....GREAT stuff right there.

My very achieveable goal is to be matching my regular salary by the end of the year. Who know's what I'll do after that. Mightkeep working my day job for a while just to be able to tell people I make more at my part-time thing! I'll be sure to keep you all posted on the progress!

Man, is this FUN!! WOOHOO!! :celebrate:celebrate

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    ...SNIP
    SNIP...
    What makes you think he is playing "stupid". He is actually not sane. Insane people repeat the same behaviors over, and over expecting a different outcome. That is more in line with what we see in Hankey.

As to Hankies "brain farts" about BobCav, any analysis or comments he has are based on the same kind of experience he uses for his opinions on firearms carry. That would be NONE. He has never met Bob, and he can't carry a firearm where he lives. But he has to keep posting these "victim" postings so the newbies will think he has been picked on.

The problem Hankey has with Bob, is that Bob is not afraid to tell it like he sees it, does not lie, and is very open about what he does. Hankie is the antithesis of all of those attributes. Also "Hankies" are usually full of the same stuff as our local forum troll.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast