• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is BobCav?

tarzan1888

imported post

I went away for a few weeks, a week at scout camp, a week at a family reunion, and a couple of weeks in Wyoming and I come back and the man who was always here is gone.

Where is BobCav?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

He's around, and will probably respond. Started his own business, so I imagine it keeps him very busy.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
... and the man who was always here is gone.

Where is BobCav?

I think BobCav has been pulling back from his usually heavy Internet time. He used to spend a lot of time at THR but quit that forum abruptly severalweeks ago. He was ticked about how THR was being run. Bob thought that THR could have been "more organized, more efficient and more friendly." Bob thought that the modswere too hard on deleting,locking, and moderating threads on the basis of contended "flaming." Bob, rightfully pointed out there is "a huge difference between flaming and a heated, passionate debate. Nothing worthy ever gets done that isn't done with passion."

Bobeven complained about theTHRmods censoring/deleting his posts. He didn't like that.

He seemsto have been busy with his new business, according to his profile. He even took off theIgnoring HankT reference he used forhis location.But I really haven't noticed him posting since the big flareup when he posted the geo-coordinates of an OCDO member's IP. Then someone took Bob's geo-coordinates andposted the Mapquest street map for the member's IP location. Not cool, and someone (other than me) told Bob so. This is not the first time Bob has usedmember IPaddy info for his personalpurposes. So, it is decidedly not cool.

Somehow, Bob changed his mind and removed the member's geo-coordinates and map from his and another's posts. He wasn't too apologetic (or happy) when he last posted in that thread.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3730-3.html

MaybeBob is miffed anddidn't want anyone to point out some criticisms of him as a moderator in the same way he insisted on doing himself over at THR? I know I did question him about his deleting of about 50 of my posts several weeks ago. No response, no reason, no nothing from Bob. He just deleted them.

Oh, yeah. When Bob was announcing his departure from THR, he came up with a dynamite line: I look at any infringement on my 1A rights with equal disdain as I do any infringement on my 2A rights.

ThenBob left in huff. Maybe he's doing the same thing here? He is kind of volatile about things at times...

Nah. He'll probably be back.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Anyone know anything about his new business?

Check his profile for a link to his web page. I saw it was there, but didn't visit.

Or you could PM him, I'm sure.

vrwmiller

imported post

Bob is a great guy...honest, straight forward, and willing to stand up for what's right. I, for one, am glad that Bob is on our side and will not call his business a 'work from home scam' or an 'infomercial' or a 'joke'.

What is being done now appears to be the biginning of direct insults.

What Bob chooses to do with his free time is his business and noone elses. I've known people that have started their own business, both traditional and these 'work from home' type businesses (or scams as one of you might put it). I have also known people that have failed and succeeded at both.

Before you go on judging someone for wanting more out of life, you should take stock in your own life and be glad that you have what you do have and begin thinking about how you can make a difference in your own life plus those lives of other people.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
What Bob chooses to do with his free time is his business and noone elses. I've known people that have started their own business, both traditional and these 'work from home' type businesses (or scams as one of you might put it). I have also known people that have failed and succeeded at both.
Agreed. BobCav hasa right to embark upon any kind of business. This is America. That's what we do here. One man's dream is his own. How he gets to accomplish it, or try to, is his own affair. Good luck and best wishes to the man, I say.

That said, I'm not sureAbNo, openryan or Lew meant to deprecate what Bob's business might be. I kind of doubt it.

tarzan1888

imported post

HankT wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
Agreed. BobCav hasa right to embark upon any kind of business. This is America. That's what we do here. One man's dream is his own. How he gets to accomplish it, or try to, is his own affair. Good luck and best wishes to the man, I say.

That said, I'm not sureAbNo, openryan or Lew meant to deprecate what Bob's business might be. I kind of doubt it.

I was just wondering where BobCav was. I think I now know. I was not asking for indictments or a critique on the man.

His service to this site and others speaks for its self.

tarzan1888

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:

I was just wondering where BobCav was. I think I now know. I was not asking for indictments or a critique on the man.

Amen.
But... consider your post also exposed a cyber-stalker amounst us. That's a unintended favor you've done for society ;)

True.

I guess he never read Proverbs 17:28

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.
But... a cyber-stalker amounst us.

Yep. I agree. And the guy even admitted it:

"I have already said I was trying to track Hank online, so I have only been caught doing that which I have already stated I was doing!!"

BobCav, 6-22-07

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.

"I have already said I was trying to track Hank online, so I have only been caught doing that which I have already stated I was doing!!"

BobCav, 6-22-07
And if you were 'tracked' what was the next move? I mean just to see where you live, or to come over and uh... take you out to lunch?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

openryan wrote:
HankT wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:

Amen.

BobCav, 6-22-07
And if you were 'tracked' what was the next move? I mean just to see where you live, or to come over and uh... take you out to lunch?

I don't really know.
why.gif

I do know that Bob told me that he wastracking my logins and was deducing from them where I might be located. It had something to do with his "Hunt",as he called it. And his Does HankT Actually OC? thread.

Seemed kind of odd to me that he'd go to such effort. But then againherecently post some member's IP geocoordinates. He tracked it down. He knows that stuff. He told me that heused to be"a fairly good hacker" in hisheyday on the Internet.

Who knows why? Maybe Pa.Patriot can opine on your question, openryan. PP knows about the cyber-stalking stuff, it seems.