• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Week's OC Lunch!

expvideo

imported post

Have we figured out where the next OC lunch is going to be? I know some people were kicking around the idea of seattle center. That may be a little bold for some people.

I think we should focus on just having a nice lunch somewhere and not so much on making a statement. But it's up to the group. Personally, I'm really hoping to meet some new people and maybe some first time OCers this time! Hopefully we'll even see Just_A_Car carrying this time :D

Anyway, can we find a definative answer on where this is going to be? Or just a suggestion?

I really hope we can encourage a friend or new forum member to come with us this time. It would be really nice to have some first-timers.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

expvideo wrote:
Have we figured out where the next OC lunch is going to be? I know some people were kicking around the idea of seattle center. That may be a little bold for some people.

I think we should focus on just having a nice lunch somewhere and not so much on making a statement. But it's up to the group. Personally, I'm really hoping to meet some new people and maybe some first time OCers this time! Hopefully we'll even see Just_A_Car carrying this time :D

Anyway, can we find a definative answer on where this is going to be? Or just a suggestion?

I really hope we can encourage a friend or new forum member to come with us this time. It would be really nice to have some first-timers.
Sure if you guys don't mind the drive, there is a nice place right across the street... ;)

44Brent

imported post

I thought the plan was to head on down to Pike Market in Seattle. Has anything changed?

just_a_car

imported post

44Brent wrote:
I thought the plan was to head on down to Pike Market in Seattle. Has anything changed?
It's the first I've heard of Pike Place, but that's probably not completely true... I have a really crappy memory and have probably just forgotten reading it.

Though, I don't recall it being a 'set' thing.

As for me carrying, yes, I will be OCing this time as my good friends on here were so generous the help me out with a holster. Again, I can't thank you all enough. I've even used it for CC when I went to Beth's Café around 3am for a very late dinner of one of their 6-egg omelettes. Worked really well, even though I'd swear I was printing so bad that it seemed like I had a giant tumor on my hip. :p

And as for new blood... I just recently made a good friend/former coworker aware that OC is legal in WA. He's been an avid gun owner/collector for years and just never knew. He was shocked when I told him and his response was "I can carry my side arm in an un-concealed way and be legal?"..."wtf, why did I not know this"? My response?: "Because you're not a member of opencarry.org forums: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/" :cool:

He seemed really excited about it and was saying it was all an information overload. He was at work and realized he had been reading threads on here for an hour after he was supposed to clock out... he'd lost track of time. *chuckle* Hopefully he'll join us for our next meet, since his parting message included: "I would love to go to an OC event". :celebrate

joshmmm

imported post

Man, I am going to be out of town again. I sweat I don't normally travel this much--this summer has been crazy busy every weekend. I should definately be in town for the September lunch as school will be back in session by then. :)

Good luck with the pike place market though; it is private property and there security is a pain in the ass. I have a friend who does magic tricks there and makes more than most of the stores the days he goes down there. Whenever his crowds get large the security hassle him (even though he has paid their "entertainer" fee to use their sidewalk).

Also, keep in mind, they absolutely do have the right to ask you to leave and I would suspect that, while they may not mind one person walking around open carrying, they may take issue with a large group... Perhaps someone should call and ask them to fax or email a copy of their regulations before that site is chosen...

Then again, if they do kick you out of the market you could always walk up to third and pine and see how the police react now that they have finally decided that area is worth patrolling. (j/k)

compmanio365

imported post

I had remembered someone mentioning Seattle, and Pike Place Market in particular. The activist in me says we should pick somewhere in Tukwila......:D I, honestly, don't have a problem with that, but it may not be good common sense to go there just now; I'll let the rest of the group decide if I'm bold or crazy.....:) Has there been any news in regards to Tukwila PD and all that?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Personally i think the next one should be Tukwila.

Also, there's been polls put up but no one's responded: Should we keep it on saturday or move it to sunday. I move to Sunday because that's my only day off work that I know for a fact is guaranteed.

Another thing is, what's a good place in Tukwila to go? I've gotten more responsiveness out of Tukwila PD (the previous two hour long conversation I talked about before) than Seattle PD. I am not sure what's going on with Seattle, but I would entertain Seattle for September's gather.

Though certainly Tacoma was planned before the incident with Mainsail, it was certainly good that we did go about going forward with it. Perhaps Tukwila is a more important venue.

gregma

imported post

I'm open to Tukwila. I wonder if the Claim Jumper there would be ok?

I do have a morning obligation at the Woodland Park Zoo. That should wrap up around noon-1pm. So if I were to go, it would be around 3pm probably.

expvideo

imported post

It seems a lot of people are more open to the early afternoon hours (3-ish) than the noon area that we've been doing. I personally think it would be great to go to tukwila, as long as it isn't on mall property (as I am now trespassed from the mall for OCing). I don't know what the Tukwila PD thinks, but I would imagine from the police reports from my run-in, that they are now aware of the legality. They didn't mention in their reports that they had disagreed with me. They acted as if they were aware of the legality all along. I'll bet somebody got an ass-chewing before the reports were turned in :D because that's not at all the way things went down.

just_a_car

imported post

Well, if Non-Mall Tukwila is the next location, I can suggest Barnaby's. Now, my parents say that I've been there before, but I was around 3 or 4 years old (e.g. over 20 years ago) and they said the food was great back then, but I have absolutely no idea what it's like now.

Any other options that are actually in the city of Tukwila (and not Renton) other than fast food joints? Not that fast food is out of the question, but usually not conducive to everyone being able to eat as healthily as they'd like.

HeyK-47

imported post

Hey everyone,

I am new to the board, but have been reading over a lot of information regarding OC'ing in WA. I am just_a_car's former co-worker he was talking about that just came to realize that OC'ing in WA is legal, and yes, I accidentally worked an extra hourreading over all the posts (the incident at the South Center mall particularly) regarding OC'ing in WA. I would love to attend an OClunch andmeet other like-minded people.Having never OC'ed, I think doing so in a group is a great way for me to get comfortable with it.Thanks just_a_car for pointing me to this board and I look forward to contributing in any way I can.

RexKwonDo

Opt-Out Members
imported post

There's a restaurant in Tukwila called Gordon's on the Green, that's at the Foster golf course. They have a menu at http://www.gordonsonthegreen.com. I live in the apartments just across the street from them.

My name is Sean, I've been visiting this site for about a month now. I would like to join you, though I may not have time as I'm moving this weekend.

compmanio365

imported post

Uh.....that's awesome.....'cept.......:shock: I'm not Bill Gates! Can we choose somewhere a little less expensive? With my recent purchases (including my new Kel-Tec :D), I'm a bit low on the spending reserve this month......

metricinch

imported post

I have not eaten at Barnaby's, but friends have and they said it was kinda dingy inside. It might also be a bit pricey. The Claim Jumper is now finally taking reservations and per the manager Brandon, they are wide open for a group of 15 give or take on Sunday afternoon. I am a huge fan of Stanford's, but only go when they have happy hour in the bar, which doesn't help us. There is an Olive Garden that is in the same parking lot area as the mall, but I am not sure if it is on mall property. There is a Denny's. There is Acme Bowl...bunch of dudes open carrying and bowling, could be fun. Uh. let me think if i can come up with some more...

RexKwonDo

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I got kicked out of Acme Bowl because security saw my knife clip. I assume they wouldn't be okay with open carry.

just_a_car

imported post

Like I said, I haven't been in Barnaby's for 20+ years. I just know it's in Tukwila, not at the mall, and not fast food, so I suggested it.

Claim Jumper sounds promising....

krazichinaman

imported post

Am I correct that we are talking about this coming sat the 18th? If so, I should beable to make it. Maybe the whole group thing would help me feel more comfortable with the idea of OC in public.

just_a_car

imported post

Yes, this is indeed for this coming Saturday. Not directed at you, but for any others that just skim the post:

THIS SATURDAY AUGUST 18TH!

Just making sure it's clear since we're so close and still deciding where we're meeting. ;)