• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 Killed in Mo. Church Shooting

Deacon Blues

imported post

This sort of incident is a real lightning rod for me; fitting that this should be my first post.

Some of the most pacifistic religious leaders in history have supported the right to self-defense. Gandhi said that violence was necessary if you couldn't protect your family or community otherwise. Just a few years ago, I heard Tenzin Gyatso, the Dalai Lama, say that if someone shoots at you, it is reasonable to shoot back. I'm not sure why some people think God must be opposed to self-defense, but in a world-conscious and historic persepective, it is an extreme view.

FWIW, if someone came into my church waving a gun and making threats, there would be a half dozen smoking guns and a very different headline. There would probably be a picture of our minister with his .357 on the front page.

BTW, "God helps those who help themselves" is not in the Bible; Ben Franklin penned that in Poor Richard's Almanac (just clearing up a common error).

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Bless you and welcome!

I noticed elsewhere that the 1993 St. James Massacre and Charl Van Wyk's book Shooting Back: The Right and Duty of Self-Defense (Christian Liberty Books, Cape Town, South Africa, 2001 ISBN 0 620-28120-0) is creeping back into the mainstream consicousness.

Its Dedication;
This book is dedicated to all the victims of crime - who did not have the means to defend themselves and to all those people living in gun-free zones - who do not have the right to defend themselves.
My copy took about six months to be delivered by Amazon.com. I am afraid that was their comment of the RKABA.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

HardChrome

imported post

What bugs me about the reporting and the marketing is that the weapon was described as a "semiautomatic machine pistol commonly known as a Tech-9". This confuses the readers into thinking that it was a machine gun that was used and therfore anyone having a Tech-9 has a machine gun, proving that machine guns are prevalent and need to be banned.

A few years back the Intratec website even called the Tech-9 a machine pistol so the reporting is not but so inaccurate but nevertheless inaccurate and irresponsible, feeding us sensationalism as always.

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
HankT wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:
My wife and I both open carry. At church we conceal. Why? Because our message of liberty and defense of life is less important than a message of Eternal Life and we don't want to distract anybody from hearing it.
Nicely said.

HankT

There you go getting me to agree with you again. :what:

tarzan1888..., What th H**l is wrong with you?:p:p:p
I don't know what came over me, but "don't worry about me going to Hell, I repent to Damn fast" JGK

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
HankT wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:
My wife and I both open carry. At church we conceal. Why? Because our message of liberty and defense of life is less important than a message of Eternal Life and we don't want to distract anybody from hearing it.
Nicely said.

HankT

I don't know what came over me, but "don't worry about me going to Hell, I repent to Damn fast" JGK
LMAO

I LOVE JGK...He's FUUUNY

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
HankT wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:
Nicely said.

HankT

LMAO

I LOVE JGK...He's FUUUNY

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that you would get a kick out of that.

Attachments

• roflmao1[2].gif
    roflmao1[2].gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 125