• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw this license plate on the interstate this evening

vrwmiller

imported post

So, I'm driving up an entracne ramp to the interstate this afternoon and I see a license plate...."666 GUNS" (The state shall remain unnamed). Obviously, an anti-gun person...then I was able to make out the bumper sticker below the plate that says "Have you hugged your assault rifle today?"...

So, maybe not an anti? I get mixed signals from this one.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
So, I'm driving up an entracne ramp to the interstate this afternoon and I see a license plate...."666 GUNS" (The state shall remain unnamed). Obviously, an anti-gun person...then I was able to make out the bumper sticker below the plate that says "Have you hugged your assault rifle today?"...

So, maybe not an anti? I get mixed signals from this one.
I'm not sure what makes you think this would be an anti-gunner. I know some of my friends believe there is something to the number 666, but many do not.

I sure would be interested in talking to the guy/gal to find out what's behind it, though!

vrwmiller

imported post

Because the conotations of "666" are usually derived that whatever object is associated with "666" is evil. Therefore, one could see that the license plate says "evil guns".

My assumption was that the ownser of the vehicle meant that as a sarcastic gesture, given the bumper sticker below the plate.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Maybe he has a HUGE collection, 666. :shock:

Or maybe he has 66 of a particular type...;)

bellbw

imported post

I know a guy who has a licence plate that says "armed". He has it on two vehicles..maybe spelled different on each one.