• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Snatch caught on video.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

A Palestinian in Jeruselam shadows 2 security guards on patrol. They are OCing in kinda casual attire. The Palestinian snatches the pistol but is unable to fire because the pistol is 'locked'( on safe or condition 3 or both?). Guards give chase and gunfire ensues, 1 guard injured, 9 bystanders shot, bad guy dead. My analysis, the guards lapsed into condition white, but reacted aggressively to the situation, however maybe should have shot sooner, before the bad guy could get the piece into action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ouXfsd9IqQ

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1186557429677&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Aug. 12, 2007 18:29|Updated Aug. 13, 2007 1:53
Video footage shows Old City attack
By ETGAR LEFKOVITS AND JPOST.COM STAFF

Closed circuit video footage from the scene of Friday's shooting in Jerusalem's Old City shows the Israeli Arab assailant grabbing a security guard's pistol and shooting him repeatedly at close range.

The footage, which was released on Sunday by Jerusalem police, belies claims by the attacker's family that he was shot by the security guard's partner without cause.
The video clearly shows Ahmed Mahmoud Khatib, 29, from Kafr Manda in the western Galilee, following the guards, Alex Nepelvich and Mikhail Popov, as they patrolled the narrow cobblestone streets of the Old City. Then, as the guards start to enter a kiosk, Khatib snatches Popov's gun and runs away.
The guards give chase through the crowded street, and Khatib tries to shoot Popov, but failed since the pistol was locked, the video shows. The two men scuffled and this time Khatib succeeded in shooting Popov, before fleeing.
"My weapon was taken from me by complete surprise, and then he is pointing the weapon at me with his face to me," Popov, 31, recalled from his bed at Jerusalem's Shaare Tzedek Medical Center.
"I jumped on him, and he cocked the gun, and at that second I grabbed his hands. At that minute he started shooting."
Nepelvich is seen on the video standing next to a wall and shooting at the terrorist.
At first, Nepelvich failed to hit Khatib. After a resumed chase, Nepelvich caught up with Khatib and killed him.
Ten people, including Popov, were wounded in the shoot-out.
The footage ends with Khatib being shot and slumping to the floor while continuing to fire, but does not show his last moments or whether the guard "confirmed the kill," meaning shot him after he was helpless.
Police officials said Khatib was still firing when he fell to the ground, and that Nepelvich acted professionally and appropriately in view of the danger.
Israel Police chief Insp-Gen. David Cohen has praised the actions of the security personnel as "exemplary," and the police plan to award them certificates of merit.
The security guards were employed by a private firm, Modi'in Ezrahi, at the behest of the state.
Popov said that an Arab shopkeeper who witnessed the shooting was the first to help him and Jewish children who had been wounded in the shoot-out.
Khatib's family and associates said over the weekend that he came to Jerusalem for Friday prayers on the Temple Mount and was killed because he had left his identity card at home.
The Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) is investigating whether Khatib - who had a criminal record but no terror-related offenses - acted on his own or was affiliated with a terrorist organization.
Khatib, who is survived by his pregnant wife and young daughter, was buried on Sunday in Kafr Manda in a funeral attended by thousands, carrying green Islamic Movement flags.
The funeral began with a speech by Sheikh Raed Salah, the leader of the Islamic Movement's northern branch. "Those who murdered Ahmed Khatib are criminals, terrorists and cowards" he said. He also promised that those responsible will be cursed by Ahmed's blood.
Ahmed's father, Mahmoud, said that the security tapes were a fabrication, claiming that police had told him that evidence was still inconclusive. He blamed the security guards for his son's death, but said that ultimate responsibility lay with the Israeli government.

unrequited

imported post

longwatch wrote:
The funeral began with a speech by Sheikh Raed Salah, the leader of the Islamic Movement's northern branch. "Those who murdered Ahmed Khatib are criminals, terrorists and cowards" he said. He also promised that those responsible will be cursed by Ahmed's blood.
Ahmed's father, Mahmoud, said that the security tapes were a fabrication, claiming that police had told him that evidence was still inconclusive. He blamed the security guards for his son's death, but said that ultimate responsibility lay with the Israeli government.
what. the. eff.

Why didn't the second guard draw and shoot sooner!?! If you watch the video, it's pretty sad. It might have saved the innocents from getting shot. These two guys don't deserve certificates of merit...

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Wow, they have more balls than me for not shooting immediately, and then have the gun pointed at them and still not shoot! -- Ha!

At least the guy didn't get away...

kurtmax_0

imported post

I was thinking the same thing. Some guy grabs your buddie's gun and starts pointing it at him. It's shooty time now. Don't wait until the guy shoots....

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

The reason for the slow draw is because security guards, police, and civilians ALL "Isralie carry," which means that the weapon is set on safe and the hammer is down. That few seconds incorporated into the draw stroke for "safety" caused a delay.

Stupid, stupid, way for a "civil servant" to carry.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
The reason for the slow draw is because security guards, police, and civilians ALL "Isralie carry," which means that the weapon is set on safe and the hammer is down. That few seconds incorporated into the draw stroke for "safety" caused a delay.

Stupid, stupid, way for a "civil servant" to carry.
"Israeli Carry" has nothing to do with a safety or a hammer....most carry Glocks, they have neither ........IC is full mag, empty chamber.
Bear in mind that it IS the safest method to train when you must consider the "trainability" of ALL citizens........ hell, even our own military trains our troops to carry this way unless in "hostile conditions"

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Ryan, i can't pay attention anymore to anything on this forum after you have been there. You need to get a fatter GF, or at least one that doesn't have an ass like that!My concentration level is at an an all time low.