• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

COPS is such trash

sjhipple

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Then the LEO picks up the BB gun off the roof of the vehicle and points it at one of the male subjects saying "What would you think if you witnessed something like this?"

IT MAKES ME ABSOLUTELY SICK that there are LEO that would point a gun (not their own) at a subject, regardless of the type, to explain to them something about a particular scenario is wrong.

Excuse me while I go vomit....

"If the president does it, it's not illegal" -- Richard Nixon

Seems many power junkies think alike

LEO 229

imported post

sjhipple wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:
Then the LEO picks up the BB gun off the roof of the vehicle and points it at one of the male subjects saying "What would you think if you witnessed something like this?"

IT MAKES ME ABSOLUTELY SICK that there are LEO that would point a gun (not their own) at a subject, regardless of the type, to explain to them something about a particular scenario is wrong.

This just in.... The conspiracy of power hungry cops have now been linked to.... The White House!!

Unconfirmed reports have indicated that a cop not being as responsible with a BB gun indicates that he is a "power junkie."

In other news... this board needs a moderator to filter out the thread hijackers.

sjhipple

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
This just in.... The conspiracy of power hungry cops have now been linked to.... The White House!!

Unconfirmed reports have indicated that a cop not being as responsible with a BB gun indicates that he is a "power junkie."

You're really hooked on conspiracy theories :D. You also seem to seearguments that aren't there (Federal Government, WH/Cops conspiracy, school info sent to feds, etc). Neither of your refuted arguments were made by anyone that I can find. The evolution of this thread was that the cop was doing something a private citizen would've been in big trouble for...that's the relevance of the quote, for anyone out there with an IQ below 75.

We've already taken one thread off-topic. Let's keep this one on-topic and not start a flame war due to our sensitivities and illusions of conspiracy theories.

LEO 229

imported post

sjhipple wrote:
You're really hooked on conspiracy theories :D. You also seem to seearguments that aren't there (Federal Government, WH/Cops conspiracy, school info sent to feds, etc). Neither of your refuted arguments were made by anyone that I can find. The evolution of this thread was that the cop was doing something a private citizen would've been in big trouble for...that's the relevance of the quote, for anyone out there with an IQ below 75.

We've already taken one thread off-topic. Let's keep this one on-topic and not start a flame war due to our sensitivities and illusions of conspiracy theories.
Ya.. I just call it like I see it.

I see clusters of information posted that, by themselves, may appear insignificant. When compiled together they appear to be more than meets the eye and tell another story.

My last post was just a goof on what you said. No actual intent to imply conspiracy. Just that what you said was rather dumb.

Maybe you can explain what you were saying in reference to power junkies.

vrwmiller wrote:

sjhipple wrote:

sjhipple

imported post

sjhipple wrote:
The evolution of this thread was that the cop was doing something a private citizen would've been in big trouble for...that's the relevance of the quote, for anyone out there with an IQ below 75.
Or, put another way

sjhipple wrote:
The evolution of this thread was that the cop was doing something a private citizen would've been in big trouble for...that's the relevance of the quote, for anyone out there with an IQ below 75.

You might even say that what I was trying to say by posting the quote was...

sjhipple wrote:

Hope I made that clear

LEO 229

imported post

sjhipple wrote:
sjhipple wrote:
Or, put another way

sjhipple wrote:

You might even say that what I was trying to say by posting the quote was...

sjhipple wrote:
Hope I made that clear
No... all you did was tap danced around it.

The focal point of this thread was...

"Then the LEO picks up the BB gun off the roof of the vehicle and points it at one of the male subjects saying "What would you think if you witnessed something like this?"

I wasasking howit classified the cop as a power junkie? It was irresponsible and done with poor judgement if anything. I have not seen the clip in question so I do not know the manner it was displayed.

You made a correlation betweenPresident Nixon and the police.Sinceboth had done things thatyou believe wereillegal, they are power junkies.

Because someone breaks the law, including the President,does not mean it was done to gain more power. If that was the case... Every civilian that speeds is power hungry.

sjhipple

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
No... all you did was tap danced around it.

The focal point of this thread was...

"Then the LEO picks up the BB gun off the roof of the vehicle and points it at one of the male subjects saying "What would you think if you witnessed something like this?"

I wasasking howit classified the cop as a power junkie? It was irresponsible and done with poor judgement if anything. I have not seen the clip in question so I do not know the manner it was displayed.

You made a correlation betweenPresident Nixon and the police.Sinceboth had done things thatyou believe wereillegal, they are power junkies.

Because someone breaks the law, including the President,does not mean it was done to gain more power. If that was the case... Every civilian that speeds is power hungry.
I get what you're saying, but we're not talking about breaking the law...we're talking about breaking the law and feeling entitled to get away with it, while at the same time, lecturing someone else about it. Since the cop did it in front of a camera, I assume he expected to get away with it (and probably did).

I was using the term "power junky" as someone who enjoys telling others what to do, but NOT because they're trying to help... just b/c they just like telling others what to do and get off on it. Law-breakers who lecture others on the law, in my view, are power-junkies...they don't care about what's right (because they don't do what's right)...they care about telling others what to do. They're passion is being obeyed and feared...not improving things. If they practiced what they preached, they'd be something like a role model.

To me, Nixon's quote sums up the philosophy of a power junky...YOU don't do it...but I'll do what I damn well please.

I, of course, wasn't applying the label "power junky" to cops...just this specific one. Certain jobs attract more of them than others it seems. Middle Management (of ANY company)seems to have a huge percentage of people like this. My dad (a formerUSMC Sgt) tells me alotta the people he worked with were like this. Those kinda people just bug me.