• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stand down/waiting time when buying a gun

american-kiwi

imported post

Hi All

sorry i hav'nt been here in a while...but just wanted to ask ...since when did AZ start hav'ing a stand down period when buying guns from gun stores?...i went to buy a Sig on saturday 08-11th...filled out the "nics" form...and then was told to wait untill Thursday the 16th before i could pick up my firearm!....i have bought guns before...never had to wait ...i thought the nics/AZ was instant answer..yes or no!...I'd just like your input on this....thanks all....John in Sierra Vista AZ

PS...taking the CCW on 26th...so wont have to go thru this next time

mzbk2l

imported post

Hey John, I've never heard of that. I've only had to go through a store for one of my guns (had it shipped from out of state), and it was an instant answer, instant pickup.

This was back in April of this year.

denwego

imported post

Their computers may have been shut down for maintenance or the one store might have been having connection problems on that day. Neither Colorado nor Texas have waiting periods, but once in Texas I went in to buy a rifle and was told I'd have to pick it up after they manually did the background check, as they had been getting problems from their internet provider and couldn't connect to the database.

arizona-hermit

imported post

John,

Have never experienced this problem before, but it is most likely true that there was some automation snafu involved in the delay.

Where did you take your CCW training?

american-kiwi

imported post

Isat my CCW on the 26th august.....mailed the forms on the 28th....my CCWcard arrived on the 08th Sept!...they told me...it will take at least 3-4 weeks for the card to arrive in the mail...with the number of people sitting the CCW...and was also told...mine would take longer as im not yet a US citizen...im just a green carder...lol

i went to my local gun store...they run a CCW class...at the Trail-Boss gun fitters in Sierra Vista AZ
..............................John in AZ