• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO's not well informed

HardChrome

imported post

Here in the big city of Newport News most of the LEO's are well instructed on the laws. But in one of our neighboring communities, Gwynn's Island, a few years ago I was approached by a local LEO who happened to see me concealed weapon as I bent over. I'll leave out the first part of the story which is pretty boring anyway.

I offered my CC permit to him for his perusal. I could tell he had never seen one before. He was young too. He went to his car for a while with it and then came back and handed it back to me and told me that it was not valid in Matthews County but only in the city in which it was given.

I told him that it was granted through the Circuit Court and that it was valid throught the commonwealth. He returned to his car for a while and when he came back he said the same thing. I just smiled and went on my way.