Thread: From Fox News-Four Grandmothers Beaten With Hammer in Beauty Parlor Attack

Post imported post

Four Grandmothers Beaten With Hammer in Beauty Parlor Attack
    Saturday, August 11, 2007

WILKES-BARRE, Pa.— A 41-year-old man stormed a beauty salon and bludgeoned four grandmothers with a hammer, fracturing one's skull, before making off with less than $90, police said.[/b]

Thomas Leyshon III, of Mountain Top, was arrested after a daylong manhunt Friday.

The women, aged 56 to 76, did not resist but were beaten anyway, witnesses said. At least one required surgery.

"It takes a coward to go after some old women," said Andy Chopka, grandson of victim Jeanna Chopka.

Authorities allege Leyshon attacked a co-owner of Hairem Family Hair and Nail Care while demanding money from the register and the women's purses.

"This is a completely senseless act of brutality against women who were doing nothing more than spending a day at the beauty parlor," prosecutor David Lupas said. "These are ... the most vulnerable of victims."

Leyshon was being held Saturday on $100,000 bail. It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

The victims were treated at hospitals for head and facial injuries.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Four of them? One assailant? What's wrong with this picture?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

My moms 76 and I'd almost be sure the guy would have had some burn marks from a curling iron when they caught him.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Wow, I live in Mtn Top and WB is where I usually do biz.

Local paper:
    http://www.timesleader.com/news/2007...JL_1a_ART.html

Scary stuff.

And locals have the nerve to question why I feel the "need" to carry a gun