• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in Shawnee

prophettm

imported post

Oh, what a mess we have here. So, to CLARIFY, if you have a CCW you CAN or CAN'T OC in Ks statewide? Sorry if this is monotonous, but the words are jumbling together at this point.. Is there anyone that can offer some clarity on this issue? Or knows a reasonably priced lawyer to tell me what I need to know??

KSDeputy

imported post

The KS CCW law is so full of places where one cannot carry a firearm, coupled with all the businesses that put no firearm signs up, it is about only good to carry one in your car. Although we carry under HR 218, a federal law, we still have to abide by the KS CCW law. They could cut the list of prohibited places by a third and the law would be much more workable. I contacted my legislator about this, and he told me it is a concealed carry law, the key word being concealed. If I were you, I would conceal it well, and go where you want. I don't do that, after being in law enforcement 30 years I can't seem to break the law. It is difficult, however, after carrying a gun for 30 years to be told where you cannot carry it. So I definitely know how a KS CCW holder feels, confronting these issues.