• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Wonderful day OCing

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Yesterday (08/12/07) my wife went to work and it gave me the chance to have a Fun day driving around. I started of by going to Albertsons to return a movie after that I jump into the Car and went to Costco for a Polish and a French Vanilla Bar with Chocolate and nuts ( It sure is Delicious to the Taste ). I passed the Greeter who was on my Strongside and could not miss my Shooter cuz it was about a foot lower than her Eye level, she smile and said -"Thank you for coming to Costco.

( This is the New Costco @ Valley Fair Mall @ about 35 S and 27th W, a few 100 yards for the Courthouse and the Police Station )

I walked around for about 10 min or so getting some tasties and picked up some flowers to take to my Wife while she is at work ( gives me a Good Reputation:p).

At the Register I had at least 2Managers of some sort that were upfront and NOBODY confronted me. I paid for the Flowers and theFood, sat down and Enjoyed Eating it ( the Food:p ) for about 10 min.

The visit was Eventless. This is the 3rd Costco in the ValleyI've been to OCing and NO COMMENTS at all:what:.

After this I took of toLowe's and that Wal-Mart ( both on 56th W and between 41st & 30th S). No Problemo.

On the way Home stopped by at Home Depot as well.

xmirage2kx

imported post

Congrats... Pretty soon you will go out OC-ing and not think twice.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

b1ack5mith

imported post

its more fun to think twice (or maybe even thrice! lol!) well i found a .22 revolver on KSL, but i needa save my money so i offered a trade (doubt heel accept though) need to start off somewhere!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
its more fun to think twice (or maybe even thrice! lol!) well i found a .22 revolver on KSL, but i needa save my money so i offered a trade (doubt heel accept though) need to start off somewhere!

b1ack5mith, hold back on the .22 unless you wanna shoot squirrels.

For about $380 you can get a S&W 637 .38 special +P, Bersa Thunder .380 for about $220 or a Bersa 9mm for about $380.

Good luck to find a shooter and soon we can go OCing together:celebrate

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
well i found a .22 revolver on KSL, but i needa save my money
Remember those Hi-Point's I was telling you about?? $129.99 for a .380, $159.99 for a 9MM, and $189.99 for a .40 S&W. They may look strange, but they are inexpensive, and they work.

BTW, I OC'd at Sams Club in Provo today without incident.

b1ack5mith

imported post

haha allllll riiiight guys, ill hold off ;) i just got a nice S&W belt buckle today from my little bro (cause he uses a NAVY buckle) and ill look for a job (theres a street right across the street, and its NICE, beautiful old buildings, clear view of the mountains, and it looks like theres many little businesses, and that would be a good opportunity for me!) and by the way jensen, you know the road in payson on the way to santaquin? (100 w)(im sure you take that road every day lol) well i live on it, and if ya ever wanna stop by to meet me and the fam, feel welcome to! send me a message if youre ever headed by this way, and ill tell you which house it is :)

b1ack5mith

imported post

oh forgot to say the rest about the buckle, a nice s&w pistol would be nice! i really love semi auto's, but if i wore a revolver i wouldnt get as many problems (i feel anyway, i wont know for sure though, i just assume they'd look at me more like im country-ish instead of a cityslicker carryin a semi auto, ya know? lol)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
oh forgot to say the rest about the buckle, a nice s&w pistol would be nice! i really love semi auto's, but if i wore a revolver i wouldnt get as many problems (i feel anyway, i wont know for sure though, i just assume they'd look at me more like im country-ish instead of a cityslicker carryin a semi auto, ya know? lol)

What Caliber are You looking at b1ack5mith??? There are many Good S&W Revolvers out there.

Look into J-Frames, cuz I ( my opionion ONLY ) feel that there is a Greater selection for J-Frames in holsters.

xmirage2kx

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Look into J-Frames, cuz I ( my opionion ONLY ) feel that there is a Greater selection for J-Frames in holsters.
how dare someone express an opinion in what handgun to select other than me ;)

As a general rule, the more popular the gun, the more options you have.

b1ack5mith

imported post

i like the S&W for their trusty names, and legendary usage thruout the years... but really im willin to start out with anything (.380 and up i hear, better stoping power than anything lower)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
i like the S&W for their trusty names, and legendary usage thruout the years... but really im willin to start out with anything (.380 and up i hear, better stpping power than anything lower)
U can get a S&W 637 .38 +P (airweight at about 11oz) for about $375

b1ack5mith

imported post

now THATS what im looking for!!! man thats a beauty! (ill eventually want a semi auto AND a revolver, depending on my mood haha!) do you guys prefer revolver or semi auto? yeah semi auto = more shots... but revolver = no jams, the semi auto is probably the gun of choice im guessin?

xmirage2kx

imported post

Semi or revolver: Quality is what counts. I would take a good Revolver over a cheap semi the same as I would take a good Semi over a cheap revolver.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I have a Ruger Vaquero 44Mag 5'5 ,

Carried in a Triple K Deluxe Roster Cogburn Two-Tone Holster with matching Belt

[align=right] [/align]

[align=left]Deluxe Rooster Cogburn Two-Tone Holster
[/align]

[align=right]
ROOSTEr%20deluze%20belt%7E4%20copy%2EJPG
[/align]

[align=left]Deluxe Rooster Cogburn Two-Tone[/align]

b1ack5mith

imported post

UTOC your gun and holser OWNS!

and when i get back from KY ill be talkin to you guys more detailed about what to get, and ill ask if ill be gettin a good deal before i make a transaction... i might just get a 9mm hipoint that jensen was talkin about, cheap and works (im pretty sure a 9mm hollowpoint would be good stoppin power, aye?)