• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC 101.1 discussion this morning

nickerj1

imported post

While listening to Elliot in the morning this morning, on the way to work, he was going through the major national news stories with Diane and the GMU students for concealed carry article from the Washington post came up.

Elliot was immediately supportive of idea and then was joking about how nothing would be better than 18 and 19 year old college students toting handguns. He then took a call from ever-so-knowledgeful-LEO, who said "You wouldn't have to worry about 18 and 19 year olds because you have to be 21 to own a handgun, and that's a national law." All in all the LEO was supportive of the idea, then Elliot went off on a sarcastic note about how drunken firearm accidents never occur and it definitely wouldn't be an issue on college campuses. He then kept up the sarcastic note and claimed that high school seniors (and all college years) should be required to carry handguns. Oh, and the topic of the 8-hour training course came up and he was sarcastic about how that was definitely enough training to adequately prepare someone.

I was about to call in and try to clear up how the LEO was an idiot and didn't know what he was talking about, but I was parking and entering my building and late for work. So I shot Elliot an email informing him about:
1) The real minimum age to "own" firearms.
2) The minimum age requirement of VA CC permits.
3) The background check requirement.
4) The record of zero unjustified shootings from CC permit holders nationwide.
5) A link to the GMU students for concealed carry website.

It's sad how many people out there, including the media and LEOs, have inaccurate perspectives about gun laws. I'm sure Elliot would love to have a chat with Andrew during the morning show if he's up to it, if not just to clear up misconceptions about gun laws.

VAopencarry

imported post

LEO, who said "You wouldn't have to worry about 18 and 19 year olds because you have to be 21 to own a handgun, and that's a national law."

Chalk up another LEO that has no idea WTF he/she is talking about.:banghead:

occva

imported post

I recently moved back to Virginia. I think that the Grease man was the morning show when I left.

Sorry, off topic.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

My favorite DJ ever, you just can't beat bits like back in time with an Uzi or carlos the international terrorist.