• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Made My Own Holsters and Mag Carriers (PICS)

Scheetz

imported post

Well, after reading the how-to and seeing what other people have done I took the leap. Bought Kydex and chicago screws from Knifekits.com and they showed up 3 days later. 1 sheet 12x24inches gave me, 3 .22LR mag carriers, S&W 22a holster, 3 USPc mag carriers and for fun flared mag well for S&W 22a plus mag base extensions.

All the mag carriers were cut to angle the mags about 18* backward.

I am aware that I used the shiny side of the kydex for the outside on the mag carriers. That was not a mistake, I chose that side to show. :)

The holster was also not pressed for the vacuum look. Just folded over and edged with a solid metal tool. Sanding is a pain in the butt, I did it all by hand. Only power tool used for the whole operation was a drill. Even cut the kydex with metal snips.

DCP_1810.jpg

DCP_1811.jpg

DCP_1812.jpg

DCP_1813.jpg

DCP_1818.jpg

DCP_1815.jpg

DCP_1817.jpg

DCP_1821.jpg

I have a new appreciation for what Comp-Tac delivers when you order a holster or mag carrier from them.

While they are not THAT pretty. They get the job done at the range with fast reload drills.

Particle

imported post

BSA, huh? (42mm?) I've got one of them on my pellet gun. It's quite a nice red dot sight, but I wish it were brighter. It's impossible to see at day unless you're on a dark target. Also, nice leather work there. It looks professional.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sweet,how much did the kydex cost?

Oh yeah, it's kinda creepy looking at your waist when you are wearing what appears to be pajama bottoms.....:shock:

;)

cato

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
Oh yeah, it's kinda creepy looking at your waist when you are wearing what appears to be pajama bottoms.....:shock:
;)
There are belt loops on them thare "pajamas" so it's most likely shorts or pants soldby the wardrobe department of "That 70's Show"! or he was getting ready for to serve the Queen.

Attachments

• 72nd1856.jpg
    72nd1856.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 287

Scheetz

imported post

HankT wrote:
Pretty cool idea, Scheetz. Good work!

Um, but those slacks....
noooo.gif

Hey Hey!!! Lay off on the shorts. They are quite classy thank you.

The kydex I believe was $12 then $5 for the chicago screws. So $20 made all of that.

Scheetz

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Particle wrote:
"nice leather work there. "

It's Kydex(plastic) not the leather.

A friend made his own but wanted the vaccumed look so he used a hair dryer with the gun inserted to mold it.

I tried using the hair dryer but it takes way to damn long. Tossing it in the oven at 325* for 2 minutes makes it bend in any direction you want.

Biggest issue is the kydex hardens way to fast. So if you do not keep the heat on it while tooling it stops molding to form.

LEO 229

imported post

Ok.. A for effort but I would not go out in public wearing them.. or those bottoms!!

My god man!!! Crop that photo! Do it now!!!

Attachments

• Cropped.jpg
    Cropped.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 239

Scheetz

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Meh. There's a lot of stupid JMU students, even all the way out here. *shrug*

My question is, what's the scope on that 22-A?

I dont go to JMU :celebrate Im down at VA beach for school.

The BSA is just a red dot sight. Adjustable light intensity and windage. Its my fun .22 race gun. The flared mag well helped out a lot for my speed.