• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Educated a friend...

USN_MA1

imported post

Along with a bunch of eventless open carry scenarios recently...today getting my haircut I bumped into one of my shipmates. He is a CCer by nature. Upon getting out of my chair at the barber he says "your shirt lifted up" in which I replied "I know(with a smile)".

We end up walking across the lot(stripmall type area) to the Starbucks to get a drink. As we are about to walk in he says, "man, you gotta cover that thing up!". Without getting into the ENTIRE conversation I tell him that it IS legal and loser has to buy the drinks. To be safe, he bought. We sat there for a bit, everyone noticed(said nothing) and even the local PD showed up(younger gentleman) and said nothing. He may NOT have noticed but I was sitting outside next to the door with my "goods" in plain view of all who entered.

Needless to say, we went back to the barber(they have Internet) and I told him to look it up...bottom line, he was smart to buy the drink(one more educated man).

:monkey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Yup, it amazes me how many pro-gunners and CC'ers that would support OC just aren't aware that it's legal in WA state.

It'saninformation diffusion problem. Most people don't know most everything about anything. Often, most people don't even know things that would benefit them or which they would adopt, i.e, open carry.

Spreading the word, informing the communication target audience is what gets people to know about and accept OC.

That's why the National Open Carry Day idea that someone here had is a great idea...:)

There's a thread on that somewhere around here.

gregma

imported post

USN_MA1 wrote:
Along with a bunch of eventless open carry scenarios recently...today getting my haircut I bumped into one of my shipmates. He is a CCer by nature. Upon getting out of my chair at the barber he says "your shirt lifted up" in which I replied "I know(with a smile)".

We end up walking across the lot(stripmall type area) to the Starbucks to get a drink. As we are about to walk in he says, "man, you gotta cover that thing up!". Without getting into the ENTIRE conversation I tell him that it IS legal and loser has to buy the drinks. To be safe, he bought. We sat there for a bit, everyone noticed(said nothing) and even the local PD showed up(younger gentleman) and said nothing. He may NOT have noticed but I was sitting outside next to the door with my "goods" in plain view of all who entered.

Needless to say, we went back to the barber(they have Internet) and I told him to look it up...bottom line, he was smart to buy the drink(one more educated man).

:monkey
Great story, and great job :) One at a time, and we will have everyone educated. Of course we'll still be stuck with the MMM'ers (Bradyites), and the Armed Sheeple (CC'ers who think we are the devil incarnate). But if we can get the fence sitters, and those who just don't know, we will have won our right to peacefully carry openly with no fear of harassment.