Thread: activism

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index...ic=5136&hl=

For those of you in Illinois who think there is no hope, well here is your chance to make a difference. You may not be aware of it, but a completely grass roots effort has managed to get 20 county boards in Illinois to pass a fairly strong pro-2A resolution.

While they have no force of law, if we can get the bodies on the ground to get to their county board members and get it voted on, there is no reason why we could not get the resolution approved in more Illinois counties. I think it is entirely possibleit could pass in 95 or more of the 101 counties in Illinois, but we need help from local people who can call or email their local county board members and get it on the agenda.

Neither the ISRA or the NRA is involved in this.

You want change in Illinois, its time to do something.

Wouldn't it be nice the next time Blago and his Chicago goons try to steal a little more of our freedom if we could drop 100 approved county board resolutions on his desk favoringat least one of ourfreedoms?

This is the kind of thing that works best if local voters take charge of it.

We also have one township that voted in favor of the resolution.

Help get your county, township, or municipality on board! In a lot of areas, it would only take a few phone calls.

Post imported post

Having grown up in downstate Illinois and with family still there, this is great news!

Anything us living elsewhere but with ties to the state can do to help?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

xdfan wrote:
    Having grown up in downstate Illinois and with family still there, this is great news!

Anything us living elsewhere but with ties to the state can do to help?
    call your relatives in illinois and get them busy!

Post imported post

Wow!

That's great. Maybe you guys can actually get legal CCW before your mates in WI!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I was born and raised in Joliet. Good luck getting any pro-gun laws passed with King Moby Dick Daley on the Chicago throne. He has all the power in that state, not Gov Blowdry Blogoiavich. I left last year for AZ. Night and day difference with gun laws. I wasted 31 years in that hole. I will never return.:celebrate

I truly hope it gets better there for all of you.

Post imported post

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/vince/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5136&st=600

This will take you to the page with the latest updateed map.

28 down 74 to Go!!!:celebrate

5/20/2008 - 82 down 20 to go!