Thread: What Are The Schools Afraid Of?

Post imported post

I did an interview this morning with Jimmy Barrett (Richmond's WRVA Newsradio) on the issue of College Carry. I was surprised as to how well informed he was on the subject and thought that he might slightly support me. It wasn't until after I read the following editorial that I realized just how much he supports me!

http://www.wrva.com/pages/jimmysnewpage.html

What Are The Schools Afraid Of?

It is legal in Virginia to carry a weapon on campus if you're a member of the public, but universities can set their own policies about employees and students. Most of them do not allow those students to pack heat. The question is why? I would have to assume it's because they think it will make the campus a more dangerous place! Maybe now is the time to rethink that policy. If Seung Wie Cho had run into an armed student perhaps things would have turned out differently at Virginia Tech. The again based on the percentage of students who would arm themselves, chances are pretty good he wouldn't have run into a fellow student with a gun. We had GMU student Andrew Dysart on this mornings program. He's hoping to get GMU to change its mind about allowing students with concealed weapons permits to carry on campus. He's meeting with a lot of resistance. What do you think about this issue? Would it make it safer, or more dangerous? It's my Question of the Day.

Post imported post

There is also a poll one the above website. It's about half way down on the left:

RMN QUESTION OF THE DAY

37.84 % No. Not only would it not help, it might make it more dangerous.
    62.16 % Yes. Virginia Tech proves that you need to be able to protect yourself.

Post imported post

I meant to post this topic in the GMU-SCC section of OCDO...if an admin could move it for me that would be appreciated!

Post imported post

TEX1N wrote:
    I meant to post this topic in the GMU-SCC section of OCDO...if an admin could move it for me that would be appreciated!
    I for one am glad that it made it here as it immediately caught my eye. Keep up the good work.

joe

Post imported post

TEX1N wrote:
    What Are The Schools Afraid Of?

Of loosing one of their last bastions of their ineffective "FEEL safe zones" out side of CA, NY, and Chicago! They're afraid of loosing face if personal protection really works. They're are afraid of loosing society's "need" for their "expert" parental wisdom! They are afraid of loosing their utopia in the face of reality.

Post imported post

Poll Results so far:

No: 9.55%

Yes: 90.45%

Does that show what Americans really believe or what?

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    Poll Results so far:

No: 9.55%

Yes: 90.45%

Does that show what Americans really believe or what?
    Gotcha beat. :-D

RMN QUESTION OF THE DAY
    SHOULD VIRGINIA COLLEGES ALLOW STUDENTS TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON ON CAMPUS?No. Not only would it not help, it might make it more dangerous.

2.18 %

Yes. Virginia Tech proves that you need to be able to protect yourself.

97.82 %
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.