• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I DID THE DEED!!

Ghettokracker71

imported post

w00t. I know I don't have to be 21 to OC,but federal law says I have to be 21 to purchase ammo. Carrying unloaded CZ=not happening. This morning I hit the chester walmart at around 9:15 AM with my CZ in my Fobus RU97 holster, walked straight to sporting goods,and bought two boxes of .40S&W ammo. It was great! I ended up going up to take my fiancee lunch, breezed right into her new job, met some of her coworkers,etc. First thing I did when I got the ammo was load it up. Since my CZ is a decocker, I was carrying one in the chamber, de-cocked. At first it wasn't easy. I ended up doing an impromtu trip to the gun store on the same street as my fiancces work,and came home with a Kel-tec p3at! When I was in walmart I didn't really get any weird looks, the guy behind the sporting goods counter kept almost glancing at it, but diverted his eyes,like he was fighting a stare. When I got the gunstore, my CZ pulled the usual attention of "whoa what kind of CZ is that" ...."I didnt know CZ made a .40.."

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CONGRATULATIONS! On the birthday and the OC and the new gun!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Did you get NACHOS!? :celebrate
Actually we need a tradition for first OC. I suggest Fuddruckers (hamburgers) since I think many here OC'd there first at a post VCDL fellowship (I did at least).

vrwmiller

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Did you get NACHOS!?
Actually we need a tradition for first OC. I suggest Fuddruckers (hamburgers) since I think many here OC'd there first at a post VCDL fellowship (I did at least).
My first OC experience was at Captian D's in the City of Manassas. Maybe the tradition should be fried fish.

:celebrate

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well a tradition implies it is something that many practice. Nothing wrong with fried fish and hush puppies, I'm just saying I often suggest going to a VCDL meeting to break into the OC lifestyle and Fuddruckers is a part of that.

vrwmiller

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Well a tradition implies it is something that many practice. Nothing wrong with fried fish and hush puppies, I'm just saying I often suggest going to a VCDL meeting to break into the OC lifestyle and Fuddruckers is a part of that.

I didn't need a VCDL or OCDO outing to convince me to OC for the first time either :D

All joking aside, though, a VCDL or OCDO outing is a great place for a virgin OC'er

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Actually we need a tradition for first OC.

Personally, I think the noob ought to buy ammo all around. A group trip to the store - think of the looks we'd get! :shock:

stay safe.

skidmark

Ghettokracker71

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Did you get NACHOS!? :celebrate

Haha isn't that the CC tradition for first time concealing!? My wally world doesn't do nachoes, so fried chicken will have to work...its better anyway:p

bohdi

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
Well, congrats...here's hoping you never have to use it!:cool:

+2 Welcome to the club.

My first time wasn't at or after a VCDL meeting, but I did OC after my first VCDL meeting with a bunch of you fun loving amendment fighters at Fudruckers!