• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Use of deadly force.. when it's justified

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
:banghead:HankT wrote:
It is a bad strategy to shoot an unarmed person.
It is a worse strategy to allow a woman to be beaten or killedand do nothing. :banghead:
In Utah I would have been justified with Deadly force...It wouldn't have mattered Armed or Not.

2-402. Force in defense of person -- Forcible felony defined.
(1) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that force is necessary to defend himself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, that person is justified in using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury only if he or she reasonably believes that force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or a third person as a result of the other's imminent use of unlawful force, or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(3) A person does not have a duty to retreat from the force or threatened force described in Subsection (1) in a place where that person has lawfully entered or remained, except as provided in Subsection (2)(c).
(4) For purposes of this section, a forcible felony includes aggravated assault,..."
I have often said; "The next to the last thing I would ever want to do is use a gun to take another human life, BUT the last thing I would ever want to do is have someone I love or an innocent person hurt or killed and I stand by and do nothing."

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
It is a worse strategy to allow a woman to be beaten or killedand do nothing. :banghead:
In Utah I would have been justified with Deadly force...It wouldn't have mattered Armed or Not.

(1) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that force is necessary to defend himself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, that person is justified in using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury only if he or she reasonably believes that force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or a third person as a result of the other's imminent use of unlawful force, or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(3) A person does not have a duty to retreat from the force or threatened force described in Subsection (1) in a place where that person has lawfully entered or remained, except as provided in Subsection (2)(c).
(4) For purposes of this section, a forcible felony includes aggravated assault,..."
I have often said; "The next to the last thing I would ever want to do is use a gun to take another human life, BUT the last thing I would ever want to do is have someone I love or an innocent person hurt or killed and I stand by and do nothing."
So..tarzan1888,

You and I disagree with HankTI guess ???

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:

So..tarzan1888,

You and I disagree with HankTI guess ???
Indubitably :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Indub...? who ?

Don't go Fancy on me being all Hillbilly and all:p

Just kidding...:lol:

Indubitably=Undoubtedly; unquestionably; in a manner to remove all doubt.

tarzan1888

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Indub...? who ?

Don't go Fancy on me being all Hillbilly and all:p

Just kidding...:lol:

Indubitably=Undoubtedly; unquestionably; in a manner to remove all doubt.

Attachments

• roflmao1[2].gif
    roflmao1[2].gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 302