Thread: Ya'll gotta see this....

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I hope nobody minds, but I HAVE to bring attention to the posting of a very ignnorant woman in the NH video thread .in the NH section.
    I figure a lot of people have not checked/followed the thread since it was first posted and watching the video but you may be interested to see the misinformation being posted by NHWatch regarding the legalities of taping police, etc.

And since the Virginia section is the de facto "general discussion' section I figured I'd post it here.

I wonder how many other citizens are so ignorant of the laws and pig-headed about hearing the truth?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum37/4024.html

Post imported post

I do have to point out, in defense of NHWatch, that a person was prosecuted by the cops for taping the cops with his home security system, complete with signs informing people that they could be taped.

If you piss off a crooked or abusive cop in New Hampshire by catching him on tape, they may decide to hit you with the "wiretapping" charge:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/...WS01/106290121
    and
    http://www.photopermit.org/?p=165
    Two years ago, Michael Gannon purchased a home security system at the local Walmart. When police came to his home and behaved in a manner that Gannon considered abusive, he brought a security videotape to back up his assertions. To his surprise, he was handcuffed and told he was facing seven years in prison for videotaping the police since they claim that such security systems (which are sold widely by many of the world’s largest electronics companies) violate New Hampshire’s wiretapping laws.
    Video and audio recording is like blazing sunlight to crooked coproaches - but instead of scattering, they'll sometimes crawl up your pant legs and start biting you.

We tried to get this law changed in the last legislative session, but the Democrats blocked it.

class="bodytext"Trisha Lessard said she leaned toward another officer to try to read his nametag or badge number during the incident and was rebuffed.

“He said, ‘What are you looking at?’ ” she said. “I said, ‘I’m looking for your badge number.’ He said, ‘It’s none of your goddamned business,’ ” and turned away, she said.
    The case was finally dropped on August 4, 2006:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/...012/0/REGISTER

State Researcher

Post imported post

People have been arrested in PA for the same thing.
    I know of no convictions though. Probably because the charges are dropped since they are not enforceable in public places.

The incident you mention was on the accused private property, was he convicted?

Post imported post

They don't have to convict you to screw you hard.

The guy in Nashua was out $1,000 if he used a bail bondsman, plus felony-charge legal fee$$$$.

But like I said, let them just TRY to bring a wiretapping charge against Dave and the videographer. They'd be begging for mercy by the time the paperwork settled.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I did see it but I don't see why we need another thread on it.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yeah, rogue cops can cause much pain and suffering as well as cost you a load of $ to resolve. Shame what this society has degenerated into.

Interesting case though. And yes, good luck prosecuting Dave Doesn't get much more legal than that day :celebrate

State Researcher

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I did see it but I don't see why we need another thread on it.
    Then I guess you don't need to reply.

I posted the reasons for re-threading it. Sorry to have inconvenienced you.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Just saying the more threads you add the harder it gets for everyone to keep up, don't get testy.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Who's testy? Point taken. Let not make a mountain out of a mole hill. Good greif.

Post imported post

Good lord, has she still not learned....

*sigh* get out the pontoons, boys, the flood's coming back to town.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Man, these balls are making me testy!