• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Carry?

Legba

imported post

It's not a little ironic - mestizochicks saying "go back to Europe." Which part of yourself do you revile most, honey?

-ljp

USN_MA1

imported post

openryan wrote:
USN_MA1 wrote:
Just showed that to my taco bender...I mean wife. LOVE IT!
HAHA!

Does she like being called your little taco bender?
That is probably the nicest of the bunch...;) One of the reasons I love her...her sense of humor(i.e. tolerance of mine!)

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Mexico has had plenty of revolutions and for a lot less cause than they have today...I don't know why they don't have another one either. The trouble in Chiapas a few years ago with the Indians was the last "disturbance" I recall but I forget what it was about. As for a full-scale country-wide revolution...none for a very long time now, since 1912 or something.

They should revolt though...if for no other reason than to redistribute all that oil money the rich have been/still are stealing. But that's business as usual down there and I guess thepoor (i.e., most people in Mexico) just accept it.

-- John D.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Mexico has had plenty of revolutions and for a lot less cause than they have today...I don't know why they don't have another one either. The trouble in Chiapas a few years ago with the Indians was the last "disturbance" I recall but I forget what it was about. As for a full-scale country-wide revolution...none for a very long time now, since 1912 or something.

They should revolt though...if for no other reason than to redistribute all that oil money the rich have been/still are stealing. But that's business as usual down there and I guess thepoor (i.e., most people in Mexico) just accept it.

-- John D.
Why revolt, when you can take a nighttime walk into a country that has already done the hardpart for you!?

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Good point.

But if they had a revolution and fixed their own country/economy, they wouldn't need to come here.

That's one reason I hopeto leave Mexico soon and move back to America.

-- John D.
HA! I first thought you lived in Mexico, then looked at your location, too me a minute to get that one! :D